Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

A few pins on my ECU are badly corroded and coming loose. As a consequence they've shorted the brake switch which in turn has thrown up the usual ESC errors etc.

The switch is replaced now and I've used contact cleaner for the pins etc.

I'm worried its only going to get worse and wondered what my best option would be....the dealer was talking about a huge number for a replacement ECU....

(Also would be curious to know if anyone has had similar problems and how this would have occurred)

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
9,196 Posts

Replacement rebuilt warrantied unit for less pennies.

Worth a shot

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Replacement rebuilt warrantied unit for less pennies.

Worth a shot
I'll take a look....thanks!

·
Registered
9,196 Posts
Not up to speed with current offers but they used to offer rebuild if you could live without your car for a week or so, or a refurbed replacement with a credit for your unit.
Not used them but have supplied equipment. They are 100% straight.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not up to speed with current offers but they used to offer rebuild if you could live without your car for a week or so, or a refurbed replacement with a credit for your unit.
Not used them but have supplied equipment. They are 100% straight.
Yeah not a bad option......certainly helpful to know they're there if I chance it or fix it ahead of time.

Just investigated where the water/coolant/god knows has come from to create the mess in the first place

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.