Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning,

I own a 2015 S5 coupe 3.0. It’s just finished it’s used car warranty and I want to get it Re-mapped. I initially want to get the ecu done. But also thinking to get the dsg done as well. What’s the thoughts on Revo for this? And do I just get the ecu done first and then the dsg later.
Also I was thinking god taking out the warranty again, so I was hopping they don’t open up the ecu unit!
Your thoughts would be most usefull?
Apologies if this is (which I’m sure it has many times before) been put on here but this is the first time of coming to the A5OC!
Thanks in advance for your replies. Al

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Al wolcome on board mate and lets see some photos or yer car please and lets also hear the spec. Listen you need to do some research on here cos this question has been asked and discussed LOADS of times, so if you first read up and then ask yer questions then we are always happy to help!!! Well not me cos mine is not the 3.0 V6 S6, but loads of the gang on here are experts and they can help for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Simon.

Here’s a few pics. Nothing done to it other than what was apec’d when it was first registered.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
As long as you only want stage 1 REVO is a good choice and they have a good reputation. There is no need to open the ECU however it will still be possible to determine that it has been remapped - anyone with a diagnostic tool can check. So if you want to pay for an extended warranty which does not permit modifications then it will be at risk. When you contact a tuner be sure to tell them that you have the CREC engine with SIMOS16 ECU. Some tuners may not be able to support it because it requires a different tool than was used for the previous year models (which had a SIMOS8x ECU).

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Nice!! Is that the aubergine purple!? Or just the camera exposure!?

Are they the 20 inch silver rotor wheels as fitted to the RS5?

You need to have the DSG remapped at the same time otherwise you will be limiting the power output and possibly the ECU flagging warnings of too much torque or pecularities when changing gear due to extra power/torque.

The standard rev limit is 6,000rpm and a good chunk of extra power can be had from 6-7krpm, so the rev limit is raised and also the TCU needs to be remapped to reflect this, otherise it will change up at 6krpm. Also torque thresholds I think are raised so the TCU doesn't complain.

Just a standard stage 1 remap should see about 440-450bhp. Most remappers will do the ECU and TCU remap as a package.

Where abouts are you? I see your new car is a Manc, but might not reside in Manchester anymore!? This may determine the recommendations on remappers, unless distance or money is no object.

Also with this year, check to see if the recall on the fuel rails has been done. I'm guessing by the Approved Audi flags in the back ground, it should have been done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As long as you only want stage 1 REVO is a good choice and they have a good reputation. There is no need to open the ECU however it will still be possible to determine that it has been remapped - anyone with a diagnostic tool can check. So if you want to pay for an extended warranty which does not permit modifications then it will be at risk. When you contact a tuner be sure to tell them that you have the CREC engine with SIMOS16 ECU. Some tuners may not be able to support it because it requires a different tool than was used for the previous year models (which had a SIMOS8x ECU).
Thanks for your guidance Dippy. Much appreciated. How do you know my car has that type of engine model? Would you suggest to get the DSG done with REVO as well? REVO is the company that I was most likely swaying towards.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Thanks for your guidance Dippy. Much appreciated. How do you know my car has that type of engine model? Would you suggest to get the DSG done with REVO as well? REVO is the company that I was most likely swaying towards.
The CREC engine was fitted to S4/S5 models from May 2014 onwards until the B9 where it went to turbo rather than supercharger.

REVO can do both ECU and TCU and they should recommend it for the best results!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Dave, Any further details of the fuel rail recall?
On the Crec engine it has 12 fuel injectors and it I think it is the fuel rail of the MPI injectors that could possibly leak, but I think there was only 1 known leak in America on a Q5, I think, but Audi decided to do a recall anyway.

Yours has been done! ;) so no need to worry. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The CREC engine was fitted to S4/S5 models from May 2014 onwards until the B9 where it went to turbo rather than supercharger.

REVO can do both ECU and TCU and they should recommend it for the best results!
Nice!! Is that the aubergine purple!? Or just the camera exposure!?

Are they the 20 inch silver rotor wheels as fitted to the RS5?

You need to have the DSG remapped at the same time otherwise you will be limiting the power output and possibly the ECU flagging warnings of too much torque or pecularities when changing gear due to extra power/torque.

The standard rev limit is 6,000rpm and a good chunk of extra power can be had from 6-7krpm, so the rev limit is raised and also the TCU needs to be remapped to reflect this, otherise it will change up at 6krpm. Also torque thresholds I think are raised so the TCU doesn't complain.

Just a standard stage 1 remap should see about 440-450bhp. Most remappers will do the ECU and TCU remap as a package.

Where abouts are you? I see your new car is a Manc, but might not reside in Manchester anymore!? This may determine the recommendations on remappers, unless distance or money is no object.

Also with this year, check to see if the recall on the fuel rails has been done. I'm guessing by the Approved Audi flags in the back ground, it should have been done.
Hi Dave,

nice one. The paint colour is paint code Z3W merlin Pearl. very unusual whichwas one of the reasons for my purchase along with the engine.
Excuse my ignorance but when you say TCU you are on about the DSG I take it.... REVO which I have spoke to this morning will do the Stage 1 and DSG all at the same time and the price is right. So just wanted to make sure I’m getting the correct software.... absolutely buzzin as the standard performance is really decent, but as the figures they are stating and you guys have mentioned... then why wouldn’t you do it!

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Hehe sounds and looks like a stunning car mate and quick even as standard so Stage 1 must be like hyperspace!!! Enjoy the experience.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Yeah it is an unusual colour, kinda reminds me of the old 90s RS models. They did the B5 RS4 and RS6 in a dark purple colour. :)

ECU - Engine Control Unit
TCU - Transmission Control Unit :)

Yep they are verging on super car performance with a simple remap! Well super cars car power is now moving into Hypercar peformance and so on nowadays, but mid 400bhps used to be highly tuned Max Power magazine front page stuff! :D

One of the reasons why I bought my S5! More torque and possibly more power than the RS5! :) Doesn't sound as good, but the DSG farts and whine sort of make up a little for the reduced 2 cylinders and engine capacity noise!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
TCU remap is probably optional for stage 1 but I would recommend it especially if the "package" deal is good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts