Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi A5 fans,

I have a 20.t (180PS) S-line due to be delivered sometime next week. I have read on one thread that a chap is expereincing flatness at 5000rpm. Someone else posted the power curve to explain why. After reading this i did a little googling around remapping and power boosting. This is an issue for me as this will be a lease car through my employer which cannot be modified. Thats when i discovered this:

http://www.wenning.de/shop/product_...rmodule.html?gclid=CPyO26Xyz5kCFR9hnAodCVnytw

Its pricey but the ability to remove it after an 'incident' is appealing. Anyone got any thoughts or seen one of these?

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would check out the SANSPEED kochtuning module.

http://www.sanspeed.net
Thanks very much, that looks to be good.

Anyone out there got any experience in using one of these modules? I would love to know if they deliver as promised (in terms of ease as well as performance).

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would check that this piggyback (or any mod) is specifically compatible with the 2.0TFSI engine in the A5. This is a different 2.0 engine than in some other models and most chips for the older engine won't be compatible with the new engine.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Modules or boxes are the worst thing you can do to your engine.

It only makes fuel pressure higher, in other words more fuel into the engine (except MTM 3.0TDI module, which changes air pressure too).

Fuel/air ratio will never have optimal value, etc ...

Chiptuning, or remap is always complex thing (fuel, air, timing changes).

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've got a 2 TFSi 180 that should be with me in the next 2 weeks - already acquired a SANSPEED KOCH module for this as I understand the 180 to be simply a limited 211 engine. The CO's & av MPG at every stage of the cycle are identical - just the torque & BHP are capped

Looking at another thead on here (can't find it at the mo) predicts extremely good results for the Kock modules - giving circa 60bhp gain over the stock 180's figures. If it gets any where near this - I will obviously be delighted

Will post some feedback when car is physical & unit is fitted - but in all honesty the car will be tight for the first few weeks and the gains that I quote are going to be the "seat of pants" dyno and nothing scientific

·
Registered
120 Posts
I actually looked at the BSR map (gains look amazing) as there is a UK supplier - really wanted the PPC though which will allow me to revert to stock in time for dealer servicing, unfortunately this little unit is supposedly available until June 2009 for the A5 2.0TFsi 180 :(

·
Registered
821 Posts
All the KOCH Modules/Maps that i know of are developed by Graham and the Guys at Sanspeed and they are Faboulous bits of kit, Extremely easy to remove, I had One on mine until the 3.0tdi Re-Map was produced, it was Extremely good - I Would recommend them for sure :thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any news ianmc? I understand the Koch modules are the same for 180&211 versions.

I am interested in getting one too.

C99 - The diesel tuning boxes increase the fuel pressure to which increases the fuel volume to increase performance by taking advantage of the 'spare air' in the combustion chamber of a diesel (No throttle blade in diesel). Its crude and works but it can place extra load on the pumps/injectors etc. I ran a BMW for about 80k miles on one no trouble, but it may have caused the component life to shorten and cause probs to the next owner in a couple years time.

Not quite so easy with a petrol as the factory computer is precisely measuring the fuel to match the air you have drawn in via the turbo - simply increasing the fuel will make it run rich (detected immediately by the 02 sensor) and the computers trim will knock back the injector pulse width to bring the mixture back into line - these Koch boxes increase the boost slightly (3.5psi) which tells the computer to increase the fuel (via the mass airflow meter - MAF, and manifold air pressure sensor - MAP) but only as a factor of injector pulse width, not pressure.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ramon959 - not as yet. Polished (a lot), fitted spacers & Hoen H11's - but held off on the tuning box until the car had been back to the dealer for a parking sensor issue

I'll let you know when :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Post it to me, and i'll let you know what its like!

It would be very interesting to compare the 211 std and the 180 with the box - i'll let you know next time I'm up your way.. (Just need a quiet back road though!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts