Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, got a letter today from glasgow audi stating that my car will be with them within 14-17 days. At the end of last year i got a letter stating that the car goes into production on feb 15th and car would be with me within 3 weeks so i was expecting the car early march. this is great news for me but if anything i was expecting delays due to the fact i had ordered the sunroof, anyone else heard of this, im gonna phone the dealer tomorrow and find out exactly whats happening

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
It also sounds like they have resolved many of the early problems with the cars. The reason why the order process takes so long is less about back-logs and demand and more that there is a lot of re-work post-build on the early cars. It is far cheaper and better to hold built cars in QA and rework/replace parts than to release the to the customer and have to recall... ECUs Seats etc spring to mind. As the information gets back from cars in the field, the cars in production are all modifed prior to release.

My S5 was longer in QA than build... I'm sure for this very reason.

I collect it tomorrow, and after 5 months wait, I sure hope there's nothing wrong now!

:)

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
My dealer mentioned yesterday that my delivery may move up as well, though I don't see how at this point. He also mentioned that someone at Audi literally forgot to order sunroofs, which, as we all now know, caused quite a kink in the system. They are full speed ahead now (at least with non V8 cars!).

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
He also mentioned that someone at Audi literally forgot to order sunroofs, which, as we all now know, caused quite a kink in the system.
Hmmm ... maybe that could be part of the reason why my car was in "production" status for over a month. :confused:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Same. Still expecting to get my car mid- to late-February.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I collect it tomorrow, and after 5 months wait, I sure hope there's nothing wrong now!
:)
Lucky bugger, u get urs for the weekend, I have to wait till Monday....the wait is more of a killer now than it ever has been.

I've taken Monday off work so I can spend the day driving it....hope the weather isn't too crap.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I understand the pain both of you are enduring. My car came in a few hours before I left town for work. I got to do a "demo drive" with my car and spend a few minutes with it. Then off and waited to pick it up for another 12 days.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I do, but it's been at the dealers a week... due to work, I couldn't collect it until now!
Mine has been here for a week too, but for some reason they would only deliver to the door and I didn't get the option to collect it, which is a first for me when buying a car???

Very odd...ah well jus a few more days.....

Oh and atleast its not March, which was when it was quoted for delivery when I ordered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.