Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I've been viewing this site as a guest for a while so I thought I'd sign up. I ordered my A5 back in September. If the whizzy Audi computer system is to be believed, my car goes onto the production line next week.

I really hope that is the case as it means Christmas may well come early this year:)

This will be the first time I have ever owned an Audi. I'm expecting great things from my new car of course so I hope I won't be disappointed. I'm an engineer by trade so I'm very fussy about details - I'm bound to be posting bits and pieces as I compare the gadgets in this car with others I've owned.

Here's hoping

Cheers for now

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Welcome to the site Plob. Hope your car comes through before Christmas, keep us posted. ;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congrats on soon becoming an A5 owner, Plob! And welcome to the forum!

Where are you located? Would you mind updating your profile with at least your country location? (It would be quite helpful to others who will be reading your future posts.) Thanks. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aha - sorry about that.
I'm based in Cheshire which is in the North West region of England

Hope that helps. Is my car ready yet? Pleeease

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Wont be long now Plob, enjoy the wait its all part of the new car experience !!! Where did you come up with that user name ??? I feel like I'm insulting you every time I type it !!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wont be long now Plob, enjoy the wait its all part of the new car experience !!! Where did you come up with that user name ??? I feel like I'm insulting you every time I type it !!
Don't worry mate - you're not insulting me.
Having said that, it is a bit of an insult as we used to use it as a derogitory term. It's an acronym for "pathetic little obnoxious b......" (I'm sure you can work out what the B is for:) )

I'm quite big on anonymity when I'm online so I use this to disguise myself. Hope you don't mind

Cheers

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
lol...noone will mind and everyone will respect your anonymity. Yeah, I know what Plob meant when I was at school, hence the feeling I was insulting you...:) Anyway, just having some fun..welcome once again to the site. Good bunch on here, not your usual internet forum types. And as a source of info on your car you won't find better...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Welcome and I feel you pain on the wait. I ordered my S5 back in August or earlier maybe. It has been so long I can not remember. However the dealer is saying by the end of the month. So we shall have to wait together.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all
Well, I'm a frustrated Plob at the moment. I just spoke to my dealer (Manchester Audi) about the status of my car. I was previously told that it was due for build during week 47. We're now halfway through week 48 so I figured it would be trying to wind its way through the fatherland to me - but alas, its still showing as 'in production'.

The dealer tells me he thinks the delay may be because Audi have had some problems with the electric seats. This surprised me as I didn't order them:).
Perhaps this is-
1) Not the cause of the delay at all but seemed like a good stalling tactic
2) True - and the delay has affected all cars on the production line - electric seats or not
3) They're putting electric seats in there even though I didn't order them (I was thinking of comments raised in the thread about leather seat problems).

Anyway, the short story is that my car isn't ready yet:(. Are any other expectant fathers experiencing the same delay?

Cheers
Plob

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi all
Well, I'm a frustrated Plob at the moment. I just spoke to my dealer (Manchester Audi) about the status of my car. I was previously told that it was due for build during week 47. We're now halfway through week 48 so I figured it would be trying to wind its way through the fatherland to me - but alas, its still showing as 'in production'.

The dealer tells me he thinks the delay may be because Audi have had some problems with the electric seats. This surprised me as I didn't order them:).
Perhaps this is-
1) Not the cause of the delay at all but seemed like a good stalling tactic
2) True - and the delay has affected all cars on the production line - electric seats or not
3) They're putting electric seats in there even though I didn't order them (I was thinking of comments raised in the thread about leather seat problems).

Anyway, the short story is that my car isn't ready yet:(. Are any other expectant fathers experiencing the same delay?

Cheers
Plob
This is not unusual as the same sort of thing happened to mine. It ws 10 days on production and I was convinced there was a delay. Then on day 10 it moved to "ship to port". When the car arrived the stickers confirmed the 10 day cycle.Just ask them to keep you informed when ever it changes.
On the A5 it seems you may well get electric seats even though you didn't order or pay for them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers Chris
I think you need to apply for a job in the Audi customer morale department - you've really cheered me up:)

Thanks mate

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi has anyone else in the uk got a delay on their S5. I ordered mine in August + it should have been here in November but have been told it won't be here until January?
Thats not consistent with others, those ordering in August got their's in October. Does it have Audi Exclusive,what is the confirmed build week?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I managed to get hold of a cancelled order last week (Tuesday)...

Was told it hadn't arrived in the country then and will be here for Friday

I'm on Wednesday (hoped to get it for this weekend) but still no luck...

Been told its gonna be mid-week next week before any news!!!

So i feel and share the pain Plob.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Free electric seats is a good deal Plob ! :D
If only:)
I'm not making any assumptions here. My guess is that they are just taking there time over it. Of course, I'll be really pleased if they do bung the extras on there but I'm not holding my breath:)

The dealer is going to update me on the status this Friday - fingers crossed...

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Free electric seats is a good deal Plob ! :D
This was something I mentioned in the Leather Seats thread as my dealer let this slip when I was ordering my car back in October - they hadn't seen any cars with manual seats, even those ordered with them (or rather without the electric seat upgrade at £600).

Does anyone out there have the manual seats on a delivered car? Like Plob I'm not holding my breath (and to be honest, it wouldn't bother me either way) although it's always nice to get something for nothing!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've just been to the dealer to see what the latest new is. If I'm honest, it was also so that I could sit in an A5 in the showroom and make brmmm brmmm noises:)

Anyway, they logged on to the system - my car is STILL showing as being due for production in week 47 (we are at the end of week 48 now). I was hacked off at this and demanded that we get more information. The dealer contatcted Audi UK who seemed most helpful.

They said that there have been delays in getting the 2.7TDI engines due to unprecedented demand - a 5 week delay in fact. Despite the fact that this would mean it would actually arrive next year, the folks at Audi UK seemed confident that mine would be on the line next week. I really hope so as I have a buyer lined up for my old car who won't wait forever.

Anyway, I thought you might be interested to hear of this delay

Cheers
Plob

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.