Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I don't order my Euro Adaptive Headlights from MadAudi, what type of wiring will need to be done? And yes I have made sure these are for a left hand drive car. I am going to order them from the dealer in hopes of getting a lower price.

Any help appreciated...

· Registered
3,586 Posts
Wish I could help you, but I don't know all the specifics. I do know that it's rather simple. It's just a matter of swapping two (I think?) of the wiring pins on the wiring harness. (See attached photo.) I'm just not sure which ones need to be swapped to make the headlight plug 'n play.

Attachments

· Registered
457 Posts
Just get it from MadAudi.

They are fast and reliable. Communication is limited to emails, but that's a trade-off you have to make for value pricing and fast delivery.

· Registered
3,586 Posts
So the ones from MadAudi is plug-n-play? Do I need to use VAG-Com to clear any code? Thanks!!!
Yes, they are plug-n-play when purchased from MadAudi. And no, you won't need to use VAG-COM, unless you want to disable the "city lights" (which will turn on under the same scenarios as when your parking lights come on). However, please note that the Euro spec headlights don't have side lights like we do (i.e., where the amber reflector lights up on the US spec headlights).

I did use VAG-COM to "disable the side markers" so that the city lights wouldn't light up. So, when I turn on my parking lights, only the DRLs light up. And when I turn on my headlights, only the DRL and headlights come on. Prior to me disabling the side markers, my lights looked like this when I had the parking lights turned on. I didn't like that look, so that's why I disabled the side marker lights.

· Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just get it from MadAudi.

They are fast and reliable. Communication is limited to emails, but that's a trade-off you have to make for value pricing and fast delivery.
3-4 weeks doesn't seem that fast and $1600 isn't value pricing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.