Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you uk based audi s5 owners should take a look at this !!!

S5 OOOH number plate for sale on e-bay. Not by me I hasten to add Linkey

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did too. It's at the right money too I guess as long as you keep the A5 lol. Thought I might get a bollocking for posting adverts but they are not mine just things I have spotted.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry but that plate is bollocks, and at £550 it is very bollocks
Right there you go bollocks it is then lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On my Merc I had P6 SBD, somehow??? a stud got into the 6 and made it look like a G. I was pulled over by a very astute officer of the law and questioned as to why the 6 looked like a G. I have no idea officer it was like that when I bought the car, he then asked my name and I happily told him Paul:) but when he asked my surname I couldn't help but gulp and told him Greenwood:( . In my car was his next request followed by a £150.00 fine lol
:D :D :D :D Must be honest though it was worth every penny just to see his face light up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oo er .... £150 fine??!

Ive had a few comments from some of my patients about my plate.

S C08LEY - My name - Sam Cobley. I always thought it was just a £30 fine and that would be it. £150 makes me worry a little though!

Do any of you think it'll be a problem looking like it does?

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Oo er .... £150 fine??!

Ive had a few comments from some of my patients about my plate.

S C08LEY - My name - Sam Cobley. I always thought it was just a £30 fine and that would be it. £150 makes me worry a little though!

Do any of you think it'll be a problem looking like it does?
yea, it is a £30 fine. After that, the DVLA can choose to revoke the plate.

SBD, why on earth did you accept the £150 fine? The standard fine is £30!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea, it is a £30 fine. After that, the DVLA can choose to revoke the plate.

SBD, why on earth did you accept the £150 fine? The standard fine is £30!!!
He gave me a warning ticket to change the plates and I erm erm didn't return it with a proof of doing so, It was the courts fined me £150:00 not Mr Astute.

I think your plate looks fine but it's not mee you have to convince it's Mr Plod

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
That plate has been on ebay for about 8 months now. The price seems to change with each listing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
PC Astute pulled me too.
AUD 138V - he wondered why I felt the need to change the spacing...
I pointed out I was driving an Audi (A8 at the time) incase his powers of observation didnt take that in.
£30 lighter later and the threat to revoke the plate - its spaced properly now.
Said he was doing it for my benefit. In case I have the car nicked and the camera in his car wouldnt detect it...nice of him I thought.
"on your way....nothing to see here etc..."

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Just remember guys...

You can own the car and you can own the registration mark, but you do NOT have the right to assign it to your car. That is the right of DVLA.

Why do I say this? Well one of my friends is a rozzer and he recently had a persistent offender with an Audi TT, who kept getting fined for changing the spacing on his number-plate... after the third fine DVLA assigned him a new number plate, which the police (my friend) turned up and supervised the removal of the offending plate and the fitting of the new plate by a local technician on the guys driveway. It was a Q plate!!! instantly knocking about £4,000 off the value of the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts