Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
This is great news to me. So I'm basically driving a hybrid and being kind to polar bears. I like that 馃槅
Smokey ,not quite a hybrid ;)
I filled up yesterday and the range shows 240 miles lol 馃榿
Audis recuperation system just uses kinetic energy and converts in into electrical energy to make the car a little bit more efficient .

Registered
I wondered why engine braking was sometimes more than at other times. Sometimes it feels like a Jake brake (exhaust brake), especially in 1st and 2nd.

My brakes are still squealing, but not all the time. :)

Registered
Hi Joe,
拢97.33 from Carparts4less - delivered to your door too! They do have 20% off, but excludes performance parts.

I'm sure I saw them at around 拢86 on some brake website, but can't remember!

Edit: Yep, quite a few sellers on Ebay for about 拢86!

Dave
I'm due for some new discs + pads soon so thanks for this. Not heard of this make before but they seem decent.

It shouldn't matter if I mix these with another brand of discs does it? I was looking at these :

Thanks

Registered
Nope, I had Red stuff pads with standard Pagid discs on my A5. Both worked well for for 2 years. I sold the car and presume they are still working well :)

I too have been looking at those Brembo Xtra discs. They look good! But they are the rears, is that what you need? :)

The fronts will be just over a 拢100 each.

Registered
I'll have to check if that is what I need. I remember my recent service pointing it out but can't remember if front/rear or all. Thanks for pointing out.

I did read that those red stuff pads can take about 1000 miles to set in as the material is quite hard? I only do about 500ish miles a month (local driving) so will take some time to bed in on my s5!

Registered
I've ran a few different ebc colours, they dont take 1000 miles to bed, They have a 'quick bed' coating on. I've normally ran yellow stuff, they need a bit of heat first but because of the weight of the car this doesn't take long. Personally i'd go to yellow over red but they are dusty.

Registered
and stainless steel brake lines

Registered
I'll have to check if that is what I need. I remember my recent service pointing it out but can't remember if front/rear or all. Thanks for pointing out.

I did read that those red stuff pads can take about 1000 miles to set in as the material is quite hard? I only do about 500ish miles a month (local driving) so will take some time to bed in on my s5!
They will bed in quicker than that, just in my experience the dust only got to the minimum around 1000 miles. The pads were braking normally after a few hundred miles, but it was the low dust that I bought the pads for and they were still dusty, but not as much as metallic type pads for around 1000miles, after this, the wheels would still be clean after 2 weeks of driving!

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Redstuff pads on order. I'll give my opinion as soon as they're in and done a few miles. Looking forward to low dust!

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Redstuff pads fitted last night. The ones removed were Delphi. Don't know if they were oem or equivalent but I was never very impressed by the brakes so will be nice to see how the E.B.C compare. 300 mile trip planned this weekend so they should be bedded in nicely soon to comment.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts