Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Sponsor
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dynamic indicators, delivered in 1-5 days!​

Get that animated sweeping look for your car. As always with IngolWorks, fitting is easy, and shipping is free. Dynamic wing mirror indicators in stock with next day dispatch, for a wide variety of Audi cars.

All our dynamic indicators are made from high quality, energy efficient, LEDs. We have a variety of styles in stock, including light and dark smoked lenses. (See pictures for details)

Suitable for all Audi A5, S5 and RS5s (B8/8.5/9).

Fitting

All our products are suitable for DIY installation. Hence our dynamic indicators use factory mounting points and wiring looms. So there’s no cutting or programming required.

Fitting requires simple hand tools, where possible we include these in the package. Thus fitting for most products should take no more than 30 minutes.

Though, if you’re having trouble, get in touch and we’ll help you out. Or, mobile installation available on request. Mobile installation is available for £49.99 within 30 miles of NG7 7FN, United Kingdom. However mobile installation further afield is available subject to negotiation.

Compatibility

If you are unsure about which product you need, please send us a photograph of your car. We aim to reply within 24 hours with advice on which products will fit your vehicle. As much as we may try to get things right, mistakes can happen. Therefore if we advise a product fits, and it does not, we’ll cover return shipping and a full refund.

Guaranteed

We guarantee all our dynamic indicators for 12 months against manufacturing defects. In the case of any issue with our products, please return the faulty item for a full refund.

Dynamic indicators, delivered in 1-5 days!​

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine arrive yesterday with a handy trim removal tool. Had a try to get the plastic cover off one of my wingmirrors last night but it's proving to be a tricky little devil Mirror & Motor off ok and the screws but it didn'twat to budge. will give it another try later. Packaging was brilliant and the quality looks

Attachments

·
Sponsor
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eamonn, do you have a video of your lights fitted and working please? very interested in a set for a pre-facelift S5.
do your lights work better than others and you get the light on both sides of the mirror as OE?
Are you referring to the little spot that shows on the other side visible to the driver? I'll have to recheck tonight when it gets darker, hard to tell in the daylight. I'm just waiting on a tripod and a good time to film a fitting guide, which will include a good view of them working.

If you poke me on WhatsApp I'll send you a quick clip off my phone later.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Eamonn, do you have a video of your lights fitted and working please? very interested in a set for a pre-facelift S5.
do your lights work better than others and you get the light on both sides of the mirror as OE?
Hi This might help a bit.
They look to wrap around the cover but I've not fitted them yet to know for certain.

·
Sponsor
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I spent a little time head scratching trying to understand what's going on with the lighting in the tip, and it seems like not having the inner tip light up is an unfortunate side effect of having the sweeping effect. The OEM originals project the light from a single point and direct it along a fibre optic, ending in the tip you can see from the drivers seat. The dynamic indicators have individual LEDs behind a smoked lens, the LEDs stop just before the tip as the plastic becomes too thin in order to fit in the body. Hopefully my awful drawing below roughly explains it.

The light does reach the tip from the dynamic LEDs, it's just not particularly bright.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Eagerly waiting for a video tutorial for this.
I am interested in for B9, but scared to touch the mirrors without knowing what I'm doing.

·
Sponsor
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eagerly waiting for a video tutorial for this.
I am interested in for B9, but scared to touch the mirrors without knowing what I'm doing.
Problem with B9 is I don't have a guinea pig. I have access to guides, but no guinea pig to record with.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Installed this morning, with a bit of nudging they were easy to fit and look brilliant.

You can see a small bit of the light on the tip but it's bright sunshine atm so I'll wait till it's dark.

@eamonn video on it's way to you of them in action.

Attachments

·
Sponsor
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only if you were closer to me here.

I am placing an order hoping TJ001's video will help.
I'll send you some links of a B9 disassembly

·
Registered
45 Posts
As I mentined above I installed these on my 2010 A5 on Saturday. Installing was pretty easy to be honest only tough bit is seperating the cover from the bottom plastic but with a little bit of gentleish levering they came apart and it was plain sailing from there on. There are plenty of guides on YT to how to do the replacing of the indicators and it's really just of case of poppin gthe mirror out and carefully disconnecting the heating and dimmer wires. removing 4 screws with a T10 Torx and the mirror position motor which is one long screw. I used the supplied lever (Which I broke) and went in underneath and the two parts cracked a bit but split then it was just a case of removing the old indicator unit and putting the new one in then reversing the procedure. Thoughts on the item. Build quality is excellent you'd think it was OEM everything that's on the OEM unit is replicated I.e. cable clip and it fitted into the cover perfectly. As mentioned above you can see the indicator flash from the back of the unit but it's very dim in bright light but is fine at night. Looks fantastic when all put together and fitment is spot on. For me they look fantastic and I've been chatting to Eamonn about these and he's been amazingly helpful.
Conclusion. Excellent Service Excellent Price Excellent Product Very happy with the whole process. Cheers Eamonn. :)

·
Sponsor
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi, sorry this message somehow never came up on my end until I manually looked.

Yes we do, it should be automatically calculated into the price when visiting from the US. Shipping is included, but customs fees are outside our control.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi,

In principle this video was pretty close to what I did when replacing the indicators.

It's quite a simple job just fiddly until you get stuck in.

Did both of mine in under an hour.

·
Sponsor
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have received my indicators, very good packaging.
Haven't had a chance to install these. Any update on the links if you have.
Hoping to do them this weekend if Cricket WorldCup lets me leave.
Hi, did you figure out the fitting in the end? I've not had a chance to shoot a fitting vide yet, and to be honest the one linked above is by far the best one I've seen so far! Follow that video and you can't really go wrong.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts