Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful ultra-light carbon rim with magnesium spoke wheels... The ULTIMATE performance wheel (worth about 30BHP at the wheels). :cool:

Posted pic previously, but I decided to get a quote today for a 20x9 fitment for the S5.

£1,215 + VAT for each wheel... that's £5,700 ($10,000) for four including VAT... Then you need tyres!!! OUCH!! :eek:

Come on lottery numbers!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Feck ! :eek:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here they are on an S4... for me, they look good enough considering the significant performance and handling gains... that's the trade off... but they are bloody expensive.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rob... Thanks for the encouragement mate... my bank manager would love you!

...I'm thinking of saving the pennies and just fitting one at a time when I get enough money for each!

;)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Heh, while your at it, what do you think about stripping all the panels from the car, then sending them to a custom carbon fibre manufacturer too replace all the panels?

you could always find a really high quailty picture, get it printed on the card and blutak it to the other wheels that you havnt replaced?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heh, while your at it, what do you think about stripping all the panels from the car, then sending them to a custom carbon fibre manufacturer too replace all the panels?

you could always find a really high quailty picture, get it printed on the card and blutak it to the other wheels that you havnt replaced?
'
Cool idea! ...I could even photoshop some drilled floating discs on there, until brembo pull out their fingers and make some for the S5!!

...How about holographic picture?

Methinks I'm getting silly:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
heh nice ideas.

Seriously though, those wheels wouldnt suit the car at all but they're just so damn cool, and the performance benefits to boot. So there worth getting in my books.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just spoke to the USA distributor of Dymag Wheels--Wheel Enhancement in Culver City (L.A.), CA. The nine spoke wheels without special color in 20 X 9 1/2 sell for slightly over $10,000 U.S. with 2 to 3 month delivery. They are the nicest I've seen but rather than take a mortgage out on my house, I would have to win the Lottery or MegaBucks on a slot machine to buy a set--with tires figure $12,000.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts