Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I don't think so, but I believe there is a product you can buy that let's you do so, but I think it only works on euro cars. Also, although the new MMI system, which should arrive mid '09 or late '09 on the '10 model, is much improved over the current MMI, it will be hard drive based, not DVD, so that watching a DVD without adding a DVD player will be impossible. Anyways, every time I think about the new MMI I get pissed because I won't get it in my '09 S5. I mean, the included it on all '09 A8 cars, so why not all Audi '09 cars... Why do we have to wait, ugh. One of the reasons that I didn't get an E92 335 coupe was because the iDrive was getting replaced sometime in mid to late '09 build cars, or maybe not until '10 cars, so I was so happy that I felt that the S5 won't get any updates within the next three years, or at least the next two. Oh well... As I said before, maybe I can retrofit the new MMI later on. At least, as far as I know, the new MMI won't change or add any new buttons on the dash or center console, unlike the new iDrive, so at least to the untrained eye, it won't look like I have the old MMI, unless they pay attention to the better screen and new features, which hopefully only I will be able to, LOL.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.