Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. this might sound stupid, but has anyone else noticed how dusty the A5's dash becomes? I think it's all that smooth black plastic that really shows it up.

My question is whether anyone knows of a polish or surface treatment that actually works at repelling dust? I've seen claims for household products, but don't want to wreck the nice satin / matte finish.

Any advice appreciated as tired of wiping the dash clean any time I get stuck in traffic!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Pledge is a good as anything - It's anti-static so it helps keep the dust off, and it doesn't seem to make the surface shiny like most dashboard cleaners. Just try on an out of view piece of the dashboard first to make sure it looks ok for the A5 ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
or...you could buy a can of compressed air..(about £2) and it just blows it all away...excellent for a quick clean.but hey, its a car and its gonna get dirty..lol.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If you drive around with your windows down a lot of the time, that could be a huge contributing factor to the dust accumulation issue. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Pledge is a good as anything - It's anti-static so it helps keep the dust off, and it doesn't seem to make the surface shiny like most dashboard cleaners. Just try on an out of view piece of the dashboard first to make sure it looks ok for the A5 ;)

Same as I use. Pledge or Mr Sheen.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The best solution is to give it a thorough vacuum on a regular basis, this picks up a lot of the dust and lint floating around the carpet.....

·
Registered
158 Posts
I use a little California duster on the dash works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts