Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, got a dumb question, my S5 is being build beginning of april 2008, but was ordered august 2007, it will be delivered june 2008, will it be a 2008 or 2009 model. Im so excited cant think straight, thought i would never get it, got the call this morning from the rep, had lost hope. Started to look at the new M3s, thanks guys.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hi all, got a dumb question, my S5 is being build beginning of april 2008, but was ordered august 2007, it will be delivered june 2008, will it be a 2008 or 2009 model. Im so excited cant think straight, thought i would never get it, got the call this morning from the rep, had lost hope. Started to look at the new M3s, thanks guys.
good stuff man...congrats!!! but also jealous inside :(

i am starting to lose hope too... still haven't started looking at bimmers tho.. not yet....

fwiw, my sales mgr told me that apr production will be an 09.... not sure if that's the beginning of apr or mid or end of april...

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think it can go either way. There do seem to be a number of cars being built for this side of the pond in April if you have seen the spread sheet geoffrey did on google. When these cars get here we'll probably have to look at the sticker to know. My S5 is due at shipping port next week though I have not asked my dealer this question. I would think they would notify you if your car was going to be a different model year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks Seifufu, hopefully be 2009. I was just at Bmw yesterday to get a quote on the M3 came up to $75500. Almost lost hope. Where did u ordered yours. There was one available at Markham audi that i was suppose to buy but he was selling it $5000 above msrp and it had 1500km on it. The credit was approved but turned it down when the rep told me last minute that it was not phantom black but brilliant blk ( had not seen the car in person, and not sign the final papers yet) he wanted to remove the $5000 extra, and throw in audi care but still didnt change my mind. Didnt want a car not exactly like i wanted sitting in my garage, every morning looking at it and punching myself and telling myself i couldve waited longer to get a brand new one exactly like i wanted. Thanks again for the info hope ur right.
Thanks Upstates5, give me some info to see if yours will be 2008 or 2009

·
Registered
483 Posts
i dealt with Audi Markham before i put my deposit down with another dealer... Markham wasn't willing to negotiate at all..

i ordered mid Feb and took over spot of someone who ordered in mid-end december.

i agree with u.. i wasn't gonna settle for smth that not exactly what i want when i am paying this kind of dough: i didn't get the 335 xi coupe b/c BMW weren't able to give me the euro M Sport package here in Canada. but if they start offering it along with their DCT (audi's stronic), then i've have to evaluate my options again ...

·
Registered
204 Posts
My Dealer promised me a April build when I ordered my S5 but my comm# is telling me that nothing have happened with my order at all, it is in I.S Order Bank. so either they lied or they did a mistake on the order. Now I'm okay with waiting for the car for another 3-4 months but not okay with being lied to.
My problem is that the only other cars I would replace the S5 with is Aston Martin Vantage/DBS or a Porsche 911 GT3RS which all are way more money then the S5. A Nissan GTR would be fine with me to but I refuse to pay over sticker for any car and I have heard that dealers are trying to get $20-30K over MSRP on the GTR's.

Tonny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts