She has the 7 speed PLU gearbox
A lot of confusing info. With regard to
Servicing ....whats the real story.....
Thanls
Bob

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
S-Tronic trannys usually need a fluid change between 36k and 40k iirc. If it’s not recorded in the service book or online, I’d get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
517 Posts
I would recommend changing the fluid on any recently purchased used car. You don't know when it was last serviced or if it was serviced correctly with the right fluid/quantity.

If you can DIY, then the cost is trivial. If not, spending a few hundred dollars will give your $6000+ transmission the best chance to last long and troublefree.

·
Registered
468 Posts
You should do the internal big 'catcher' filter with every other 40,000 mile DSG fluid change, as Audi only do the tiny external one when they do the DSG service. Mine's on it's 4th fluid service change now- just done the internal one for the first time at 'The Phirm' in Blackwater- very reasonably priced as I supplied all my own genuine parts - highly professional guys, so I'm very pleased indeed- thanks @cadguy77 for the heads-up.

·
Registered
Audi S5 sportback
306 Posts
You should do the internal big 'catcher' filter with every other 40,000 mile DSG fluid change, as Audi only do the tiny external one when they do the DSG service. Mine's on it's 4th fluid service change now- just done the internal one for the first time at 'The Phirm' in Blackwater- very reasonably priced as I supplied all my own genuine parts - highly professional guys, so I'm very pleased indeed- thanks @cadguy77 for the heads-up.
Tim and Paul are top guys, been my go to for work, advice and a good old chinwag for over 16 years

1 - 7 of 7 Posts