Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the DSG will be the same as the Lamborghini Gallardo's 'Egear'?

·
Registered
68 Posts
No, E-gears slightly faster and doesnt have a 2nd clutch, E gear change speed up is 140ms. DSG is 200ms up or down.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does anyone know if the DSG will be the same as the Lamborghini Gallardo's 'Egear'?
Hi Guys, frist post from me:) Does Audi have ant intention of fitting a paddle swift DSG type box to the S5? Just interested as my M3CS has SMG, and I have gotten very used to it. Not to say that i wouldnt consider a manual S5, but would be nice to drive both to get a comparison.:D

Thanks guys:cool:

Lou

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Guys, frist post from me:) Does Audi have ant intention of fitting a paddle swift DSG type box to the S5? Just interested as my M3CS has SMG, and I have gotten very used to it. Not to say that i wouldnt consider a manual S5, but would be nice to drive both to get a comparison.:D

Thanks guys:cool:

Lou
Common knowledge here is that audi intends to come up with an automatic gearbox on the S5, it will certainly include paddle-shifting. Not sure though whether it wil be DSG or not. They presently don't put DSG on longitudinal engines yet, so it will either be an evolution of the present TIptronic, which keeps improving ( as on the new RS6 I presume), or possibly a DSG if they can work it out..... I don't know of any official decision yet regarding this other than the fact that an automatic version being available around the middle of next year.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
DSG on a S5 will be v.expensive. they had to turn down the torque on the 3.2 in TT and A3 and plus "even" if they do DSG for a 4.2 they wouldnt stick it in a S5. they'd save it for an RS. M3 and M3 CSL are a class above Smodels, rarely can you compare a M with a S, try an RS. and btw M3 is uncomfortable and M3 CSL = drive once and sell car cos they're so uncomfortable you'd have to be a teenager to like it. and if you say you like it because they're the fastest on a track then why dont u buy a formula audi, formula audi has a boost button too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts