Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
i would like the highlight this sentence:

"Audi will introduce the new S tronic into multiple model lines in series production during the course of this year. "

does that mean during model year 2009?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ya, and I thought S-tronic wasn't in the 2009 order guide for UK either (posted a few weeks ago) but someone posted that they can now order DSG in Europe.

I wouldn't give up hope for DSG in '09 just yet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
So, just to clear things up in my head... Is the S-tronic available for order in a MY2009 S5? I've heard anywhere from it's available today to not until September 2010. :confused:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I havent searched for new info since the orig post

So, I can't really say. But from my recollection of occasional threads here, I think there is some possibility that the 09 auto in the S5 will be DSG. Im still desperately waiting til the 09 order stuff is updated on the website so you can spec it out and see how different the options and pricing are from what was available on my 08.

Having now had the car delivered, I can only imagine how good the DSG is, because the TIP rocks. Much more pleased with it than I expected.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Geoffrey, thanks for the update. Nice to know that if I must get the tip I won't be hating myself for it!

Ian, yes... yes it is. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.