Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter is just about to start here, so it´s getting darker, but still even though it´s midday and just a little gray and cloudy, the Xenon starts when in auto mode (DRL is needed in Denmark).
There´s an exterior lighting Auto Headlights option of Early-Mid-Late, buy I don´t know what the difference is, and the manual does state the options.

So the question is, how do I get the Auto Xenon beams to come on later/when it´s darker?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Early = they come on when it is lighter than Mid
Mid = Mid
Late = They come on when it is darker than mid...............................................................................

I think!!
Cheers
RG

·
Registered
337 Posts
That's how I understand it too RG.

Do you need rear DRLs as well as front ? If not you can just run with the light switch pointing straight up at 0 and your LEDs will be on bright. If you do need rear DRLs you can add your rear lights to this setting using VAGCOM. My dealer did it for me. I just turn my lights on to auto when I need them to see otherwise I keep them at 0 and I have front and rear DLRs constantly on.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Do you know if that works for us 'oldies' with non DRLs at the back too NN?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Do you know if that works for us 'oldies' with non DRLs at the back too NN?
RG, did you mean non-LED rear lights ? My car is MY2009 and has old-fashioned rear lights. My dealer changed the settings for me at delivery. I got the codes from A5OC site :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Early = they come on when it is lighter than Mid
Mid = Mid
Late = They come on when it is darker than
Correct, late now turns the lights in later, and thats what I wanted. Thank you very much.

Now I just need to figure out how to code the rear LED´s as DRL in auto mode....

·
Registered
634 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts