Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I am new here. Wife and I rented an Audi A5 with the S line option for the weekend to test it out.. and compare it to the 335xi. Its german spec (we have to order an American spec one to ship it back to the states) but close enough to the american version to get an idea. I think the big differences are the diesel engine, no sunroof, and the way better euro spec lights.

It is quite an impressive car. The S-line interior looks very nice. I like the inst cluster much better than the BMWs. These S-line seats are all leather, with the logo in them. The only thing I kind of don't like is the sport suspension. Its kind of a bumpy ride really. I know its supposed to be, but it seems way to stiff.

I am gonig to have to test drive the 335xi again to compare. I think the BMW had more rear seat room, and the seats were not as vertical like in the audi.. but I can't confirm this yet. But the car looks very nice.. it doesn't have the stone shields though.. If you guys want some pictures I can take some and post them. Overall, its a very cool car. For people with the sun roof, do they open all the way, or just til up? Sorry if its a dumb question but I haven't seen ANY A5s in our area with a sun roof at all.

I think the LEDs are one of my favorite things about the Audi

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello again! Yes, I am from the states but my wife and I have been stationed out here in germany. Thanks about the sunroof info JSC! It is going to be a hard choice fellas. I LOVE the audi. If I could get an S-line without the stiff suspension, I would totally do so. Right now, it reminds me of riding in my 19 year old Audi coupe quattro LOL.

One thing I would do for sure is get euro lights for it..I don't know why the states like to put crappy lights on cars.... but euro lights make all the difference.

The car also looks very cool lowered a bit. .... and there is TONS of room in the truck without the seats folded down.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Audi soulja! Yeah the audi so far is a BLAST TO DRIVE.. gets a lot of look too. I wish I could get the S-line package, but without the very stiff suspension!!!! I think the ride is way to hard for my taste.

I do have a few questions though. When did you order your A5? Also, to have the MMI located by the shifter, do you need to have the navi system, or the tech package (or both). I have seen picts of the A5 but the MMI is up under the cd player (which i don't like). The A5 has the 6 disc cd changer as standard, right? (it says it is in the booklet, but I can't confirm otherwise). Since yours is a US spec Audi, can you take pictures of the interior (esp the sunroof from the inside).

Didn't you guys get a lot of snow in your area lately? I am in the rhineland pfalz area. I hope you enjoy your Audi.. I really don't want to give this rental back!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks JSC! Do you guys think you will be able to get more individual options rather than packages in the near future (like BMW does)... or a little of both. I really REALLY like the audi.. but if they tell us it wont arrive til Sept here, I don't think we can wait that long bec I am sure we are due back to the states before then :(

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds good to me. I think the Nav would be better than the hand held one we have now.. so its in the dash.

Im suprised about the weather the last couple of years.. the first year we were here it snowed a LOT, now since then we get one day of snow and thats it.. all rain, but still good testing weather. I would love to see pictures. I think I am going to get the Audi and the wife is gettin the BMW. Thanks for the info soulja!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.