Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone. I recently had my B9 A5 coupe serviced at Audi and it had no flaws. However, I repeatedly received a low key fob battery warning which I ignored till the battery died. Now that I have replaced it, everything if fully functional in the car apart from the driver's seat adjustment controls. Yes I do have lateral movement, and I can fully control the passenger seat through it. But when it comes to the reclining function for the driver's seat, there is no response at all. I never had this issue before and it began the moment I changed the battery on the primary key and tried to use it, and following that even the secondary behaved in the same manner. Any advice on this issue would be much appreciated.

The pic attached is the key.

Attachments

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
975 Posts
You’ll need to reset the module by doing a few basic steps:
1. Move the seat forward to its travel limit and hold for several seconds.
2. Then move the seat backwards to its travel limit and hold for several seconds.
3. Same as above but for up and down
4. Finally the reclining too.

Some owners hear an audible click or even a beep so they know it’s been reset. Bear in mind if you have me memory seats, the memory will be cleared.

Hope it works out.

~Alex

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You’ll need to reset the module by doing a few basic steps:
1. Move the seat forward to its travel limit and hold for several seconds.
2. Then move the seat backwards to its travel limit and hold for several seconds.
3. Same as above but for up and down
4. Finally the reclining too.

Some owners hear an audible click or even a beep so they know it’s been reset. Bear in mind if you have me memory seats, the memory will be cleared.

Hope it works out.

~Alex
I followed your instructions to the T. Moved the seat to its travel limit laterally and the seat base upward and downward, holding it for several seconds. There was no audible click, unless you're referring to when the seat travels to its extent. To my surprise, the reclining function immediately worked, so thanks a bunch Alex. However, there was something different. The memory seat settings weren't reset or erased. A push of the button and it went back to its original setting. Once again I'm much obliged. I wonder if I took it back to Audi what they would've charged me. You people are life savers. Speaking of which, when I dropped the car off for its service at Audi, I actually asked them to replace the battery, but for whatever reason, they were reluctant and returned the car to me with the fob battery almost out.

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
975 Posts
Glad it worked out!

Its just an overall reset procedure I remembered, not all audis will be exactly like that.

I wonder if they just don’t have the FOB battery perhaps, but it’s easy to swap out to be honest.
Any help in future please post or help others out 👍🏻👍🏻
~Alex

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad it worked out!

Its just an overall reset procedure I remembered, not all audis will be exactly like that.

I wonder if they just don’t have the FOB battery perhaps, but it’s easy to swap out to be honest.
Any help in future please post or help others out 👍🏻👍🏻
~Alex
Yes I swapped it and that's where my problems began. It wasn't as easy as something seemed to jam its movement. Literally took me over 20 tries to be able to change the battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.