Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, apologise now if my explanation is not great.

I've got an A5 Coupe 2013 with manual seats and when I tilt the back of the drivers seat forward to let someone in the back, the whole seat moves completely back and doesn't stop at it original set position, which results on squashing the ankles of the person in the back until I move it forward again.

I've compared it to the passenger seat and that stops at it original set position and seems ok, so not sure of something is broken or damaged on the frame etc of the drivers seat.

Hope the explanation made sense.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes i had the same, t is very annoying, you need to check for the seat rail guide block. If its only just started doing it look around the foot well for the metal anchor and the spring and you will just need the plastic carrier, mine snapped in half, see part number on the bag.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great mate, I've only had the car a few weeks and its been doing it since I got it. I didn't notice anything lying around when I hoovered the carpets the other week, but I have a proper look under the seat etc tomorrow.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
Sounds like a fairly simple fix mate.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, just been out and checked under both seats and no loose parts.

But I couldn’t even see that part on the passenger side and that’s the side that works ok.

Isn’t there online parts catalogue that I can check against for the location of these parts on the frame/seat runners?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jack the working seat fully up, slide right back like you have the longest legs, then tip forwards and slide to the front as if a passenger is getting in, now get your head right under and you should see it in the runner nearest the transmission tunnel towards the rear of the slider. Good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jack the working seat fully up, slide right back like you have the longest legs, then tip forwards and slide to the front as if a passenger is getting in, now get your head right under and you should see it in the runner nearest the transmission tunnel towards the rear of the slider. Good luck
Had a check today on the working passenger seat, but still can't see/locate it :rolleyes:.

From images if found on the web, they did use this part in 2013 models, so baffling as to why I can't locate it on the passenger side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts