Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've got a 2007 Audi S5 - had the car nearly 2 years without any issues.. then I went to open the drivers door the other day and it's decided not to work (feels as if there's no tension). The handle is still intact, but doesn't feel like it's connected to anything.

I've managed to take the door card off but no idea where to go from here. Has anyone came across this issue / found a solution?

Cheers!

·
Registered
268 Posts
It could be a sticking actuator, or a sticky bowden cable (which connects the actuator to the outside handle). Take the door card off, remove the actuator using the two bolts on the side of the door where the lock mechanism is, take the cables out ad check everything is moving freely. Bit of lithium grease will hopefully get everything going again.

·
Registered
96 Posts
thats exactly how i did it and now its fine, not sure how long it will last but so far its been 4 weeks and no issues

·
Registered
213 Posts
When my door stopped working it was the motors inside the locking mechanism. The commutators needed cleaning. Several DIY's available on the web.

·
Registered
268 Posts
There's some good videos on how the actuator should work on the A5 Owners' Club on Facebook.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts