Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, now that side assist is officially available in the U.S., when does Drive Select pop up as an option for us?

See http://forums.audiworld.com/a5/msgs/13705.phtml where they are currently discussing this issue.

One person's description (the same BBT who is a member of this forum, I assume) in that thread is really making me want it:

They reviewed the new A4 and had some comments regarding the Drive Select. They said the biggest surprise was "the new dynamic steering, which works better than the black and white active steering offered by BMW."

It varies it's ratio by up to 100%. So the steering improvements alone sound significant and also the fact you can adjust it to your preference. The difference in ride comfort sounds less significant but if you live around rough roads the "comfort" setting would be better than nothing.

And then regarding the handling the torque vectoring can supposedly pretty much eliminate the little amount of understeer that the new chassis still has (which is already a huge improvement for Audi).

So while there are always new features coming around the corner, I think you would notice this one. I have an order in for manufacturing around February and I hope they will let us order it by then. If not, it's a real disservice to USA customers since it's already offered for Europe and apparently Aussie land.

Anyone know anything else about this option coming available in the U.S.? I'm starting to think that our A5 build dates will be after January 1 anyway (someone's guess as to when it will be available to include in your order).

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question, and one that I should have raised at the same time. I've never seen any specific mention of whether it would only apply to S5. Would sure make my decision a lot easier if the latter!

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once again the Russian is ahead of the curve! Thanks, and, by the way, we do now have side assist over here!

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Why do they never bring these things out at the launch?? They always wait a few months before introducing more and more options.

Audi also need to get a grip of their options lists when selling cars before launch. So many options were unavailable when I ordered my car. Good example being the 19" wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts