Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could someone please inform me on what drive select is?? ive seen different things about gaining power and stiffer steering using vag com but ive never seen any coding or instructions on how to do this. i bet there are a million posts already about this so just a link would help too, Thanks!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Are you asking both what Audi Drive Select (ADS) is and how to enable a "limited" ADS on cars without the factory option? I'll try to answer both...

Audi Drive Select is a factory option that allows the driver to adjust the characteristics of the engine, transmission, steering and shock absorbers (and the sport differential on cars equipped with that option) via buttons labelled Comfort / Auto / Dynamic / Individual on the center console:

For cars without the ADS option, it is possible to enable a "limited" version of ADS by using VAGCOM. However, it is limited in that it only adjusts the engine response, transmission and Servotronic steering, and not the shock absorbers. A DIY can be found here, about three-quarters of the way down: Interesting VAG-COM codes for Audi A5/A4 B8/Q5, many for A6/A8/Q7 as well (by LoCal) - Audi A6 Q7 A8 A4 A5 Retrofit Jlkiasennus Nachrsten Retro-fit

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
230 Posts
so drive select contains 3 parts: steering, engine, and suspension.

So in each of the 3 options there is Comfort, Dynamic and Auto, which as you might imagine mimic the particular mode that you select.

So for a bit there i had chosen DYNAMIC for Steering and Suspension to get that sporty feel, but comfort for engine because i wanted to save fuel efficiency. I've since changed it to auto for engine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do not have the factory option ADS in my car and that's probably why I was confused. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts