Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an order in the system for an A5 and my dealer called me this morning because someone backed out on their order. Luckily they were able to call Audi and get the order changed to my custom options!! My wait just dropped to 2-3 months from 6-10 months...this is great!

My concern is I ordered everything except Drive Select. I know it would be a great option on the S5's, but how much of an impact do you think it will have on the performance and drivability of an A5 S-Line?

Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any idea if it has any impact on engine performance?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congrats ckeck...sounds like you got quite lucky there.

There's a few threads covering Drive Select now...

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/drive-select-worth-2316/index.html

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthre...2037/index.html?t=2037&highlight=drive+select

Unfortunately, there's not much information in either of them at this point.

There should be settings of COMFORT/AUTO/DYNAMIC for ENGINE, SUSPENSION and STEERING via the MMI.

Doesn't seem like this is even covered in the owner's manual though, so not much is known about what these settings actually control or modulate.

I'd say you're prolly fine without it.....especially for A5.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have Audi Drive Select stuff in the A5 manual I got. You get as cnugget23 pointed out a button for COMFORT/AUTO/DYNAMIC for engine(+gearbox if you have an auto), steering (via servotronic if you have it), there's also something about dynamic steering which it lists as well, sounds like servotronic but it's got it's own settings, it's also listed as an optional extra??? and finally suspension control if you opted for the optional governed suspension. So note that you'll need to get the drive select + dynamic steering + governed suspension to get everything.

Now one thing worth noting from the manual is that if you have MMI you also get an INDIVIDUAL button and a menu that allows you to set the engine, steering, dynamic steering and suspension for that button. The options are balanced, comfortable and dynamic. So for example you might like to have a dynamic engine with light steering.

From the manual

COMFORT The engine and automatic gearbox to accelerator pedal movements is balanced. Steering is light and indirect and suspension is soft. This settings is suitable for driving long distances on motorways.

AUTO is for everyday use, the impression is of a comfortable but dynamic ride.

DYNAMIC gives the car a tighter set-up. The engine reacts spontaneously to accelerator pedal movements and the steering is dynamic and direct. The suspension is stiffer and the automatic gearbox changes gears at higher engine speeds. This is ideal for performance driving.

I wish it was an option here in Ireland, I would have gotten it for sure!!!

T.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Oh...in your first sentence I thought you meant you got Drive Select in the A5 manual (transmission) that you bought! I was wondering how one of those puppies had made its way to Ireland!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yeah. I didn't think DS was available until the 09 models (at least in the States).

·
Registered
18 Posts
They have it down in Australia!!! used to live down there. I used to always joke that Australia was a great testbed for new products, 'cos if it crashes and burns no one will hear about it ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts