Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so just got back from the dealership because I had to drop off the M3 :( (we are going to get some snow in the next couple of days and snow tires aren't on it...not a good idea to drive without them) ............. BUT they just got delivery of the S5 today and I will be picking her up either tomorrow or Wednesday!!!!! I was going to take a pic, but didn't, and I saw it in person and was extremely happy with the color and the red interior, both of which I had never seen in person :D I'm getting my Blizzaks put on before I drive it off the lot, obviously too.

Can't wait :D:p:cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was going to take a pic, but didn't
What? No pics?:confused: After waiting and waiting, I would have taken pics from the very first time you set eyes on her...:)

Congrats on the car...and get some pics when you take delivery!:D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congrats!! It sounds like the timing is perfect.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Soon I shall join you with the celebration. 20 more days left!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm really smart...

Okay, so you guys are going to make fun of me. So, snow tires were going to go on today that were on the M3 while I was at work and there was a 99% chance I was going to drive off the lot by 8 PM. But I had staggered sized tires from the M3 and I assumed the second set I purchased a couple of years ago were the same all around and was not thinking. Plus, I did not drive the car last winter.

The widths are different, but the profiles were not (rear: 245/40; front: 225/40) and I talked to my tire guy and he told me this is not good for an AWD car, especially on the transmission. He stated that if the profiles were different from front to back, it would be a different story because it could even out. So, I really had no choice and bought new snow tires that will come in by Friday and that's when I will take delivery. I just don't feel comfortable driving off the lot without the snows on because it makes a heck of a difference...and we just got some snow and ice last night too.

It also gives me more time with my friend who is potentially going to by the M3 for more than what the dealership is offering, which is always good! She is going back and forth on little things though and now she can also get my snow tires, which are on the factory rims anyways. Ahh, how things work out :)

But I went in tonight and sales guy went over the MMI and all the bells and whistles they gotta do, so I can just do paperwork on Friday and leave!! It's funny, because I've read so much up on this car that I was like "yeah, I know this and that..." haha. But, he did a good job and told me some things I didn't know!

Anyways, pics for ya!!! The quality isn't that great because the bay I was in had horrible lighting and I didn't care to get all professional...yet. Thanks for reading this extraneously detailed summary :D And yes, I am a dumbass....

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
So I noticed you saying your car was build week 45 on some other thread. I also noticed that you didn't get the LED tails. Any chance you have the 3G MMI?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, no 3G MMI unfortunately. I don't even know if they've confirmed a start date for it yet for USA A5/S5. I know they did say they are going to in Europe soon though. I wouldn't expect it until 2010. It'd be kind of interesting to change mid-model year!

·
Registered
432 Posts
The European S5's already have LED's and 3G MMI.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picked it up last night after work because the snow tires came in!!! I LOVE it. Pictures and a review to come!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
1 word! BEAUTY :)

btw 3G MMI is an option so if you want to have it... normally have to play more for it :|

·
Registered
457 Posts
Congrats, the long wait is finally over. You had me laughing a bit because I could tell how excited you are by your posts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Really like the aluminum mirrors contrasting with the meteor gray.

The car is simply stunning in those night pics.

I like your non-led taillights at least as much as the LEDs. I think of a folded piece of hot irradiating iron when I see those lights. A hint of the power within:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts