Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just decided to buy myself a Dragy after seeing it on 'Officially Gassed' as a bit of a toy to play with that involves my car. :D

Had it about a week and not had chance to try it, but today I needed to go into my office, so on the way back, I pulled over and tested it.

The method I used was the upswing, not actual full launch (not sure if it registered as a launch, I'll check it on VCDS).
Tyres were cold as I'd not long left the office, engine and box were warmed up. It span up all 4 wheels and shot off = 3.9 secs to 60mph :D

Same as a B9 RS5!

So for my 2nd try to launch the car, ever, and cold worn Pirellis, cloudy cool dampish weather, not too shabby!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Just decided to buy myself a Dragy after seeing it on 'Officially Gassed' as a bit of a toy to play with that involves my car. :D

Had it about a week and not had chance to try it, but today I needed to go into my office, so on the way back, I pulled over and tested it.

The method I used was the upswing, not actual full launch (not sure if it registered as a launch, I'll check it on VCDS).
Tyres were cold as I'd not long left the office, engine and box were warmed up. It span up all 4 wheels and shot off = 3.9 secs to 60mph :D

So for my 2nd try to launch the car, ever, and cold worn Pirellis, cloudy cool dampish weather, not too shabby!
I was looking at one this week - what car you got?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S5 B8.5. Stage 2 :)

I found it the cheapest direct from Dragy Motorsports UK.

Shame I still haven't got my R6, could have tested it. That was like a scolded cat when stirring the gears and getting it in the upper revs. :)

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Blimey sounds very quick to me, scolded cat indeed......

·
Registered
543 Posts
S5 B8.5. Stage 2 :)

I found it the cheapest direct from Dragy Motorsports UK.

Shame I still haven't got my R6, could have tested it. That was like a scolded cat when stirring the gears and getting it in the upper revs. :)
Thought it might be - I’ve got the same (B8 though).

I’ve not bought draggy yet but I got the Fastr app. Launch control was 3.9 and actually 3.8 normal start?...launch isn’t as quick then...

Thing is, the app, like draggy is GPS based. But when I did a 0-60 run using VCDS Acceleration Measurement to track it (more accurate) it was 3.5 seconds.

If you’ve got VCDS, I’d use that

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do say the Dragy is very accurate, quite a few have compared against other measuring units and even the drag strip. :) Didn't know you could use VCDS! I'll have to try them along side each other! Yeah the delay on launch control after releasing the brake maybe be detected?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I’ve seen a few videos of people testing the Draggy, on drag strips against timing loops and it’s impressively accurate.

VCDS doesn’t have as high a sample rate, and it starts the clock from when it first reads anything greater than zero. From what I recall. If you want to be more accurate with VCDS you need to data log, export the speed & timing intervals, and plot a graph to interpolate between data points for a more accurate result.

plus, draggy looks pretty effortless.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I’ve seen a few videos of people testing the Draggy, on drag strips against timing loops and it’s impressively accurate.

VCDS doesn’t have as high a sample rate, and it starts the clock from when it first reads anything greater than zero. From what I recall. If you want to be more accurate with VCDS you need to data log, export the speed & timing intervals, and plot a graph to interpolate between data points for a more accurate result.

plus, draggy looks pretty effortless.
That’s a lot of hard work for VCDS!!

@Dave Kwatro ;
can you download the Fastr app and compare with Dragy a couple of times?

I’d like to see if there’s much difference before spending £130

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whats the Fastr app, it that something that uses the dragy sensor, or something that your phone uses to record via GPS?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Whats the Fastr app, it that something that uses the dragy sensor, or something that your phone uses to record via GPS?
iOS app

Uses phone accelerometer sensors and gps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts