Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been getting a the coil light flashing on a few occasions now and vcds has gave me a fault regarding the dpf pressure sensor implausible signal.
I have ordered a new genuine Audi pressure sensor and was wondering if I need to adapt it via vcds.
If so could someone give me instructions on how to do so.
A5 3.0tdi 2011.

Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fitted new sensor, filled up with shell v power and now I have the particulate filter warning light up on the dash.
Can anyone tell me if the sensor needs to be adapted at all.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,662 Posts
John sorry no idea mate. Some experts will surely be along soon to help. Personally I am a big fan or Redex and or STP and I add a bit to the fuel every month or so cos I think that this helps to keep the injectors clean, and I guess that these new fuels like V Power do a similar thing. My old Merc Vito V6 van has 160k kms and still flies!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Simon, been on a long journey today and the dpf light went after I restarted car after 60 mile drive.
The car seems to shudder and shake at idle though and idle is still 100rpm or so higher than it usually is. Usually sits at just over 600rpm. Car feels like its lacking power too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been logging the dpf readings since Feb 15th. Do these look healthy.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still same problem. Replaced dpf pressure sensor. Been on a 140 mile drive on dual carriageway this weekend and car seems to be stuck in regen mode.. higher idle, louder exhaust.
Checked dpf values and seems like it hasnt regen in 1000 miles but ash a d soot level low... so dont understand why it would be constantly trying to regen.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Might be worth checking egt levels, if it is in regen mode which it sounds like, should see high temps

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I fitted my new diesel particle filter sensor I reset the levels and now my dpf is reading 0 ash level when before it was 0.15l. Should i take dpf off and clean it or is there a way to calibrate on vcds make it read 0.15l.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've also noticed that the fan hasnt ran for maybe a year now when it use to try and regen or was in a regen cycle. Is there a way to test the fan to make sure it's working ok with vcds.
I also think it could be an exhaust temp sensor as I had all the parameters up when driving and the exhaust temp would get to 500ish degrees then all of a sudden start dropping down to 250 degrees....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts