Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have done a search however could not find the answer.

I bought an A5 2009 2.0 TDi yesterday and whilst driving home this evening the interior light came on and the drivers door is showing that it is open on the display panel. I have tried slamming the door and guess it must be a switch/sensor. I am unable to lock the car either manually or by the fob however from looking inside the car appears to have the alarm light on and flashing ever 10s or so. Further to this when I press the boot button it doesnt not open? not sure if this is just to unlock the boot however. Has anyone got any solutions to this problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Both windows were down this morning when I went outside to the car which I believe to be related to the previous problem. Has anyone had experience of this?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
The first issue is that the door switch is faulty. This will show door open, put interior light on and won't allow you to lock it as it thinks the door is open.

To wind both windows down fully, you need to press and hold the open button.. When I fist got an A5, I kept opening the boot by mistake.

There are options for opening/locking the boot in the MMI.

I think the door switch is in the catch/lock inside the door.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts