Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All!
Got a strange one going on with the S5. Its a 2008 4.2 Quatro that to be fair has been pretty trouble free.
At the weekend went to town with swmbo for the festive shop trip..... Parked up & locked the car. Went on our merry way & on returning, pressed unlock & heard whirr whirr. Pulled the handle, just pulls out & still locked. No prob, try passenger side, same. Both handles seemed to be reluctant to return to their resting place in the door. Out with the key & a few twists & the window opened. Doors open sweet as a nut from the inside..
Cant really see a mechanical failure on both doors at exactly the same time. Also cant really see an electrical failure on both sides at the same time.
Had a look through the various posts on door locks & there are many similar but none the same.
Plugged 2 different code readers in (one Launch & the other Snapon not got vag com) & both came up with the same codes
00457 (aircon , vehicle electrical system module)
01592 (central electrics air quality sensor)
03041 (energy management active, gateway1)
02615 (locking fuel tank cap, central module comfort system)
02616 (unlocking fuel cap, central module comfort system)
No codes on door modules..
Anyone come across this before? if so, what was the fix used?.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
There is the common door handle issue. Usually in colder months the connection inside the door doesn't connect and sticks. So the door handle doesn't connect and pull on the latch.

Do the handles work now? Squirting oil/grease into the handle, catch and operating it a few times seems to help. On my 3.0tdi that only did it twice in 3 years and was always when someone pulled the handle when still locked and in cold weather.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave, what i did earlier was take the door handles (outer) off & squirted a bit of lube around. Door handles were not broken so put them back on. Also read that a chap had resynched his key by closing the door with the window open. Put the emergency key in the door & held in the unlock position then reached in & pressed the unlock button on the door interior. Did that & the locks started to work. Whether it was the lube or the resynch procedure, i have no idea!
Going to dig a bit deeper in a few days & see what else i can find..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts