Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
More crap!
Bought an 8pin part thinking that the OEM one from Audi was dodgy, installed it today, didn't work either.
The really scary part: went for a drive around mid day, at 20 something mph, the door swung open (on it's own) without warning and nearly gave me a heart attack!!!
Luckily there was no one else on the road at the time...
Went back home and immediatly swapped back the original (old) part.

I've also posted this issue on 2 other forums,not a single response so far.

·
Registered
269 Posts
More crap!
Bought an 8pin part thinking that the OEM one from Audi was dodgy, installed it today, didn't work either.
The really scary part: went for a drive around mid day, at 20 something mph, the door swung open (on it's own) without warning and nearly gave me a heart attack!!!
Luckily there was no one else on the road at the time...
Went back home and immediatly swapped back the original (old) part.

I've also posted this issue on 2 other forums,not a single response so far.
This is exactly the same problem I had - the problem was the cable that connects the outside door handle to the actuator. Mine had stopped moving freely causing the actuator lever for the outside handle to get stuck in an open position (and thus the door would fly open randomly when driving).

Did you check the smaller cable that connects the outside door handle to the actuator? It's not hard to remove but it is a bit awkward. I'd recommend taking that out and checking nothing is kinked and that the rubber boot on it is seated correctly, or getting a new one (and then making sure it's installed correctly and nothing is kinked).

The OEM replacement I got from Audi had a different number of pins to the one that came out, but it's been working fine since I sorted out the issue with the outside cable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a 2.0 TDi 2009 from auction. V5 previous owner name is suspiciously similar to Raigmoul with a private plate to match it.

Wondering if I bought his car or if this Is a massive coincidence.

Either way, i have my trim removal tools at the ready this weekend if the rain stops to diagnose this exact same issue.

Although, if you open any door and look at the base about 6" across from the front, there is a hole cut out. I have a loose nut visible inside that hole, too big to fall out. So my fault may differ but the symptom remain the same.

I'll update here regardless.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I bought a 2.0 TDi 2009 from auction. V5 previous owner name is suspiciously similar to Raigmoul with a private plate to match it.

Wondering if I bought his car or if this Is a massive coincidence.

Either way, i have my trim removal tools at the ready this weekend if the rain stops to diagnose this exact same issue.

Although, if you open any door and look at the base about 6" across from the front, there is a hole cut out. I have a loose nut visible inside that hole, too big to fall out. So my fault may differ but the symptom remain the same.

I'll update here regardless.
Apologies for: resurrecting a very old thread, and for not responding sooner.

The problem (in my case at least) fixed itself when I unplegged the big connector (door to rest of the car) to test for continuity and plugged back again, everything works as it should!!!

And to your comment, I still have the car, haven't sold it yet :p

21 - 27 of 27 Posts