Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I got replacement A sensors through, fitted them earlier and everything seems to work as expected now - have been in and out the car a few times, no faults showing, car locks and unlocks as it should.

The first pair of sensors I got were just 4G8 927 753 (no A printed on them) and didn't work properly - the lock function didn't always work, and after one or two locking/unlocking cycles they would throw a 'open circuit/short circuit to B+' error.

Don't know if it's only earlier A5s that need the A sensors, but if you get replacements and they don't work, it might be worth bearing in mind.

There's a couple of differences in the parts - pics attached.
Perhaps you could (edit) label or identify which is which in the pics so that others can visually see the difference and correlate the part numbers with the differences?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I cant seem to get out the plastic pin from the passenger side door, its no locking barrel there just this plastic cup/insert. The screw on the side of the door does nothing, its loose and i cant remove it and it seems like its jamming the insert in a way anyway - and i cant get this thing out.. I need to replace the keyless entry sensor in the handle:( Any tips?
See post #130 and contact member Tipiiri and ask him how he resolved this as he had the exact same issue.

·
Registered
48 Posts
When I did mine I had to have that screw in exactly the right spot. If it was in too far, or also out too far, it would still catch the handle and hold it in place. Try turning it in just a little at a time while pulling on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello for all people who have taken passenger side door handle out. Help needed!

Any tips and tricks for this plastic bad boy? Used cloth and pliers, tried pulling it (whole door panel bended with it) wiggle and everything. Yes the torx bolt is as loose as it can be.

Do anyone know of a trick to get that plastic barrel out even with a superloose screw?:S I really need to replace this sensor:/

·
Registered
123 Posts
Once you've loosened the screw, push it towards the front of the car; the mechanism will shift forward slightly and free the barrel. As you've removed the top cap, you'll need to careful use some needle nose pliers or similar to pull the remaining bit of the barrel out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks to OP and I’m glad I found this very well detailed thread. Helped me get my sensors swapped out, and after clearing DTC’s, works great again.

There was water in both of mine, and they were same orange color clear, new ones are black. I found if you move the assembly with the torx screw back and forth a bit you’ll find a sweet spot to get the key lock barrel out and back in. Can’t be all the way back, or forward or else it would stick.

Also, there was a clear sticker over the torx screw holes in both the doors which I had to remove, they would not restick so I cut some out of a sticker.
took 20 minutes on first door, maybe 10 on second.

161 - 166 of 166 Posts