Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great thread! just waiting on my new sensors from Germany, thought id have a quick look at taking the handles apart was easy enough. getting the door lock back in and seated and working from the blade key was a bit tricky.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My Asian door sensors are still working flawlessly. 1/8th the cost of oem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Door Handles

Replaced both of mine last night and they worked, Worked this morning also getting into car, got to work and didnt work again pain in the back side really!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Replaced both of mine last night and they worked, Worked this morning also getting into car, got to work and didnt work again pain in the back side really!
Replaced both of which - door handle or door handle sensors?
If it was door handle sensors, is it with both doors or just one?
If it's just one door, then I highly suspect it could be a faulty door lock/unlock actuator. After replacing my door sensors, my driver's door would not have that normal clunk you hear as the door locks from the fob. The passenger's side worked as per spec. I later replaced the door lock actuator and all works as per spec.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/354160624656468/files/

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Door Handles

sorry replaced both sensors (not Audi parts) was working now stopped both doors, was feeling quite smug last night that id fixed it

think its cheap sensor took one out and refitted, started working think i will get Audi ones

·
Registered
225 Posts
sorry replaced both sensors (not Audi parts) was working now stopped both doors, was feeling quite smug last night that id fixed it
think its cheap sensor took one out and refitted, started working think i will get Audi ones
I don't believe it's due to cheap sensors. I bought mine from Asia for dirt cheap.
I believe it may be the door lock actuator.
Did you open and read all of that Facebook A5 Owners group link?

OEM are the ones with the clear brown plastic on outer portion.
Chinese ones are all black plastic.
My Chinese ones work just great.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello for all people who have taken passenger side door handle out. Help needed!

Any tips and tricks for this plastic bad boy? Used cloth and pliers, tried pulling it (whole door panel bended with it) wiggle and everything. Yes the torx bolt is as loose as it can be.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Pull that plastic part out where the key lock barrel sits in.
Once that is out, the handle itself can be manouvered out.
Pic 2 and 3 of Post #1 shows this quite well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah but thats the thing. Should i pull from number 1 (the edge of the plastic) or 2 (circle thing inside) ?

·
Registered
225 Posts
From the edge (#1) is what I did with needle nose pliers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So i cleared the codes and the sensors work for a day or so then stop working keep getting Exterior door handle touch sensor open circuit short circuit to b+ static fault, both new door handles (not Audi) think ill just the key fob lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
So i cleared the codes and the sensors work for a day or so then stop working keep getting Exterior door handle touch sensor open circuit short circuit to b+ static fault, both new door handles (not Audi) think ill just the key fob lol
What usually causes the oem door handle sensors to fail is water impregnation. Since you replaced those, I would also look inside your door panel for possible water impregnation further down the wiring circuit. That intermittent issue you have may be caused by corroded wires further downstream. Also check the connection/connector to the door actuator as well.

Reactions: Guyfarrer6

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replaced my handle sensors today and all is working good. Had a little trouble with getting the handle back around the latch. First one I used some wire to hold the latch and clip the handle back on. Second one I figured out that you can retain the latch with the locking contraption inside the handle. Made a little video showing this here:
https://youtu.be/kM8f-dOMerg

Only problem I am having is getting the barrel lock working on the drivers side. I just can’t line it up. Can anyone give me some tips? Am I missing a inspection hole or something?

Audi S5 2008

Cheers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Door Handles

on the drivers lock the plastic piece on the end has to slot into a part inside the door so the key works, trial and error unless someone has a technique for guiding it in!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Replaced my handle sensors today and all is working good. Had a little trouble with getting the handle back around the latch. First one I used some wire to hold the latch and clip the handle back on. Second one I figured out that you can retain the latch with the locking contraption inside the handle. Made a little video showing this here:
https://youtu.be/kM8f-dOMerg

Only problem I am having is getting the barrel lock working on the drivers side. I just can’t line it up. Can anyone give me some tips? Am I missing a inspection hole or something?

Audi S5 2008

Cheers.
Lining up the barrel lock as in trying to get the torx screw into it through the side of the door?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Door Handles

Still having problems with mine, put my old Audi ones on and only getting a left door fault so assuming its the cheap sensors, I've ordered Audi original ones see what happens with them!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've done all of mine this morning, it turned out that the two driver side sensors were already changed and I only had to do the passenger sides. I did notice that it didn't work straight away and had given up hope, however on going out a few hours later it was working!

Also, it turns out you can undo the captive screw completely and drop it into the door itself, this then needs the complete door panel and lock removal! So, not recommended

I have two Chinese sensors spare of anyone needs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 168 Posts