Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced the Passenger side sensor today after the driver one yesterday.
All working.

I took a couple of photos as I was doing this as it might help other folks.
15min job max.

Torex Screw in the door level with the handle behind rubber, this is captive so you can't screw it all the way out.

Remove plastic cover (I just gave it a pull with my fingers)

Remove plastic insert (Or Door lock depending on which side your doing)
This was harder to remove (I used grips with a cloth) just gave a gentle wiggle.

The 2 parts of the handle just removed.

Move the handle towards the hole where blank was then just give gentle pull to remove (Hinge action)

The handle will just pull out when it's 90 degrees to the door.
Disconnect wiring to sensor (Watch wiring dosn't go back inside door)

Full handle and parts.

New Sensor at the top which has changed slightly then old one then handle.
To remove sensor from handle you pop the wiring out from the end then you will need a small screwdriver to prise the end out (Opposite end from wiring)so you can slide the sensor out of the handle.

My Damaged sensor which has cracked and full of water.
Old one was see through but new one is black.

Just do everything in reverse.
I found it easier when putting the handle back in to put a piece of string round the door release so I could pull it to get the handle behind it.

Once the handle was behind it just pull one end of the string through and the catch stays behind the handle.

I hope this has helped if your keyless entry dosn't work.
Part no A4G8 927 753 A. 05E08B Sensor £64.52 inc Vat.
These are not sided left or right.
2007 3.0 Tdi Coupe.

Thanks to the guys that helped me finding all the info out. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Thanks for taking the time with the guide.

·
Registered
82 Posts
this is great! thanks!

i do have one place where i am a bit confused though, i didnt understand exactly which way the sensor slides out of the handle, from the shape of both it would seem it slides out from the non-hinge end of the handle. although i wasnt sure what you meant by "prise"?

if that is correct, when you slide the new sensor back in, do you do so wires first from the non-hinge end of the handle?

thanks!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
this is great! thanks!

i do have one place where i am a bit confused though, i didnt understand exactly which way the sensor slides out of the handle, from the shape of both it would seem it slides out from the non-hinge end of the handle. although i wasnt sure what you meant by "prise"?

if that is correct, when you slide the new sensor back in, do you do so wires first from the non-hinge end of the handle? Yes

thanks!
I hope these pics help to explain what I was meaning.

When putting the sensor back in put wire in first from the end nearest where the blank part was.

Prise small screw driver where#1 is to remove the sensor it's just to release the tabs on either side of it as per pic above with the arrow.

Reactions: Bigeyd

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brilliant guide and thank you! Are they known for getting water logged? Mine occasionally does not work and I have a fresh in my key.
Both mines were but I don't know when mines stopped working due to buying car and them not working.
As far as I'm aware from the guys helping me older ones are prone to going with water issues so Audi have revamped it about 4 times now along with the price.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Incidentally for those reading that don't have advanced key installed:

251.59- 8T0 907 064 E -Central Convenience Module
71.27- 4G8 927 753 -Door sensor (2 required)
17.76- 8K0 907 247 -Antenna (3 required)
41.40- 8K0 905 217 A -Push To Start Button
534.04- 8T0 919 611 CWFX -MMI Control Buttons (With Push Start - facelift buttons)

Prices may have changed slightly but this is all you need to retrofit Advanced key... plus a shit ton (5-10m) of cable+connectors, and a day (8 hours or so) stripping your car apart.

Some people will already have a compatible central convenience module. Get a bargain on the MMI buttons and sensors and you can do the mod for less than the price of the option ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I hope these pics help to explain what I was meaning.

When putting the sensor back in put wire in first from the end nearest where the blank part was.

Prise small screw driver where#1 is to remove the sensor it's just to release the tabs on either side of it as per pic above with the arrow.
that helps a lot! thank you again! great guide, sorry i got a little confused :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry to pull up an old thread, but does the car need fault codes clearing once the new sensor is installed to get it working? I'm going to tackle mine this weekend but not really much point unless I've got VCDS.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to pull up an old thread, but does the car need fault codes clearing once the new sensor is installed to get it working? I'm going to tackle mine this weekend but not really much point unless I've got VCDS.
My 2007 never, the senors fitted and all worked as it should.
I would say you could get your codes reset for any future faults that may crop up to see whats wrong but not needed to get it working.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not what I wanted to hear, done the drivers side today still not working :(, looks like I'm off to audi to get another sensor tomorrow! Joys of audi ownership!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Great post, thanks for the helpful photos. :thumbsup:

Just bought my car with advanced keys and realised how they work... ...however, the driver door sensor isn't working but passenger side is.

- Are the driver/passenger side interchangeable? (ie, can I swap them)
- How much do the sensors cost from the dealer?
- my start button is really worn, how much are they from dealer and easy to replace??

Thanks in advance for any help and info,
Si

EDIT - Derp... Just read text at bottom of article... ...didn't see that on my iPad. Thanks! Si

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great post, thanks for the helpful photos. :thumbsup:

Just bought my car with advanced keys and realised how they work... ...however, the driver door sensor isn't working but passenger side is.

- Are the driver/passenger side interchangeable? (ie, can I swap them)
- How much do the sensors cost from the dealer?
- my start button is really worn, how much are they from dealer and easy to replace??

Thanks in advance for any help and info,
Si

EDIT - Derp... Just read text at bottom of article... ...didn't see that on my iPad. Thanks! Si
sensors not sided mate.
on my car if 1 didn't work none of them did until all were in working order...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just to update this thread, I spoke to West London Audi this morning.

Part - 4G8 927 753 - £76.49 (inc VAT)

£95/hour issue sourcing
£154/hour labour

Think I might do this myself...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry to bump,

Car is going to indie dealer tomorrow (non-Audi warranty) to get this sorted - he's oging to connect up the VAG-com to confirm the sensor failure.

I've looked everywhere, but can someone please remind me of the failure message that the VAG-com throws out with door sensor failure?

Thanks in advance,
Simon

·
Registered
253 Posts
You will probably get something like this:

Address 05: Acc/Start Auth. Labels: 8K0-907-064-05.clb
Control Module Part Number: 8K0 907 064 E HW: 8K0 907 064 E
Component and/or Version: BCM2 1.1 H80 0145
Software Coding: 071000
Work Shop Code: WSC 00441 210 97470
VCID: 326104116D34409
1 Fault Found:

03286 - Sensor for Contact with Door Handle; Front Right
007 - Short to Ground
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100111
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 3
Reset counter: 108
Mileage: 93284 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2012.07.11
Time: 23:58:24

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks Vital - yep, door sensor failures came up for both doors.

Parts ordered and being sorted next week :)

Si

·
Registered
523 Posts
Both my door sensors on my 2012 Pre-Facelift just started acting up. Can no longer unlock the car once the car is parked for > 30 minutes, not sure. However, my door sensors work once the vehicle is unlocked using the remote's unlock button. I can lock/unlock using the sensor. Now at first I thought my car's battery was weak so I charged it last night. This morning, same issue.

Can those who had bad or faulty door sensors confirm that the trunk light did not light when the door sensors were not responding?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Both my door sensors on my 2012 Pre-Facelift just started acting up. Can no longer unlock the car once the car is parked for > 30 minutes, not sure. However, my door sensors work once the vehicle is unlocked using the remote's unlock button. I can lock/unlock using the sensor. Now at first I thought my car's battery was weak so I charged it last night. This morning, same issue.

Can those who had bad or faulty door sensors confirm that the trunk light did not light when the door sensors were not responding?
My driver's side door sensor is faulty; as a result, keyless entry does not work on either the driver's or passenger's side. Keyless entry to the boot (trunk) still works as does my boot light.

·
Registered
523 Posts
At this point I'm just going to keep an eye, err hand, on the situation. :) The door sensors worked and continued to work today. So perhaps the battery being charged fixed it. Audi is aware of my issue and I'll be in contact with them if the sensors start acting up.

Reactions: Bigeyd
1 - 20 of 168 Posts