Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I grabbed my door handle thinking it was unlocked, But the car locked itself, After unlocking it the door handle was very slack feeling and would not open the door.
I had to drop the windows via remote to open the door.

The next day it was working fine for some reason and was fine all day, But today back to the handle not working.

I assume it's some sort of cable stretch or Bowden tube issue idk.

Any one got any ideas?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much was the cable mate?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,843 Posts
Thomas you need to be a gentle grabber mate......how is the wife??

Reactions: Mr.wreckless

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Very common problem! Infact it's a lubrication problem, not grabbing it too hard!! :D

The small cable sticks and doesn't latch onto the mechanism. Touch wood it's not done it on my S5, but on the 3.0tdi it did it a few times, but didn't do it after giving plenty of lube in the catch, handle and removing the rubber grommet on the end of the door. I never took the door cards off!

Not sure if B8.5s were revised or just lubed up more? :)

Reactions: savs

·
Registered
103 Posts
So the other day I grabbed my door handle thinking it was unlocked, But the car locked itself, After unlocking it the door handle was very slack feeling and would not open the door.
I had to drop the windows via remote to open the door.

The next day it was working fine for some reason and was fine all day, But today back to the handle not working.

I assume it's some sort of cable stretch or Bowden tube issue idk.

Any one got any ideas?
As Dave says above - it may just be a lubrication issue. Used to happen to mine. I sprayed white grease into handle mechanism etc. Seems to have solved it as handle hasn't given any problems for a year! Try the £2 fix before the £20. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts