• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Having failed to get any form of discount from Donington Park I've been working hard to get something that wil make this meet special and I think I've come up trumps!

Today I had the pleasure of meeting the BTCC driver for AMD Milltek Racing, Shaun Hollamby. After a bit of gentle arm twisting I've arranged for our party to get a tour around their garage on race day! There will be limited numbers so if there's too much interest then this opportunity will be based on a first come, first served basis with 2 people per A5OC member.

Shaun also introduced me to yourracingcar.com who provide a hospitality package for the race day at a reasonable cost of £45 per non-member (or £35 per member, membership is an additional £25 if you wish to join). This includes...
- VIP Dome Pass
- Top notch breakfast (steaming baps, pastries and fruit salads)
- Filling lunch with choices to suit everyone (from 100% beef burgers to pasta salads and soup)
- Tea, coffee and soft drinks all day
- Watch all the action on our big screen TV's
- Meet and greet with YRC's race driver (Shaun Hollamby)
- Enjoy the day with other race fans!

With the event being only 7 weeks away we need to get the ball rolling ASAP. I've set up a new poll on this thread to see how you'd like to have this event run....

Sunday only ALL INCLUSIVE: to include...
- Sunday (race day) - £25 per person
- Your Racing Car hospitality for the day - £45 per person
- Tour of AMD Milltek Racing's garage

Sunday only KEEP TO OURSELVES: to include...

Full weekend ALL INCLUSIVE: to include...
- Meet around Saturday lunchtime
- A cruise OR visit to the Donington Park F1 Museum (additional £7) on Saturday afternoon
- Hotel for Saturday night (star rating & priced according to interest).
- Your Racing Car hospitality for the day - £45 per person

Full weekend KEEP TO OURSELVES: to include...
- Meet around Saturday lunchtime
- A cruise OR visit to the Donington Park F1 Museum (additional £7) on Saturday afternoon
- Hotel for Saturday night (star rating & priced according to interest).

It is imperative you also PM me with the following info...
- Your poll choice, (NOTE: if you choose a full weekend option please include your preference for the Saturday afternoon & type of accomodation).
- The number of individuals attending under your vote & number wishing to attend the AMD Milltek Racing garage tour.

VOTING CLOSES 10th March and everything will be arranged by the 18th March.

Once we finalise we can decide if there's a requirement to pool funds OR get everyone to make their own arrangements (in which case proof of all the correct purchases will be required by a set date to hold your places of the garage tour).

Let's make this the best event ever!

UPDATE: Thanks to 'Therock' who got in contact with yourracingcar.com today and passed over contact details. I had an indepth conversation regarding their services and plans for the day...
  • They have a number of other organisers looking for discount tickets and are pooling them together to approach Donington Park for discounted ticket prices, once we supply them confirmed numbers they'll come back to us with better prices. THEREFORE WE NEED TO STICK TO THE ABOVE DATES PLEASE
  • They have offered to centralise our bookings and payments and will then upon an agreed meeting point will get our tickets to secure a location for our collection on the day.
  • They are planning to position their hospitality suite at the first corner (Redgate), there has been some changes to the circuit so this it TBC.
  • Their hospitality events are very laid back which suits us! and will accomodate special food requirements (i.e. any food allergies etc..). There is no cash drinks bar (it's done on a credit basis) but they don't promote drinking at such events anyway.
  • They should also be able to supply us group parking
  • The hospitality package is £30 for Under 12's

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Fantastic job Spinner.
Apreciate your efforts.

I've voted for the Sunday incl hsopitality as you've gone to the trouble to get it arranged.
Thanks.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Fantastic job Spinner.
Apreciate your efforts.

I've voted for the Sunday incl hsopitality as you've gone to the trouble to get it arranged.
Thanks.
+1 on all fronts - nice one Spinner.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yw guys...

Votes and registered for AMD Milltek Racing Garage Tour so far:

Sunday (inc hospitality)
Myself + possible one other
Gruffle +1
Joegals + 1

·
Registered
940 Posts
Spinner - great work! I will PM you over weekend to confirm and numbers. But it looks like will be Sunday only for me but happy with either option

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Fantastic job Spinner.
Apreciate your efforts.

Thanks.
+1 on all fronts - nice one Spinner.
+1 :thumbsup: Great job and really looking forward to the day. Will confirm numbers tomorrow.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Comon guys'n'girls.... 14 of you voted for Doni yet we've only had 6 of you book places...

Sunday (inc hospitality)
Gruffle +1
Joegals + 1
Mulski + ?

Sunday (w/o hospitality)
danjwilson +2

Unknown (confirmed interest but not voted)
Nemo78 + ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry chaps, couple of things, I'm doing this on my iPhone and don't seem to be able to work out how to vote.. Second I'm up for the full package on the Sunday but is there any age limit for the VIP and is it full price as ive got a very well behaved but car mad 11 yr old....

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sorry chaps, couple of things, I'm doing this on my iPhone and don't seem to be able to work out how to vote.. Second I'm up for the full package on the Sunday but is there any age limit for the VIP and is it full price as ive got a very well behaved but car mad 11 yr old....
I don't know all these iphone users LOL.

The hospitality package is run by YourRacingCar who are very much a family orinated organiser so I'm sure your son will fit right in. ;)

Latest attendance update....

Sunday (inc hospitality)
Gruffle +1
Joegals + 1
Therock + son
Mulski + 1

Sunday (w/o hospitality)
danjwilson +2

Unknown (confirmed interest but not voted)
Nemo78 + ?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Its now confirmed, tis me + 1 Spinner

Cheers

·
Registered
68 Posts
Been doing some checking and under 15,s get in free to Btcc... Yeahh. Unfortunately full price for kids in the hospitality... Booo. Don't know what the plan Is for getting tickets though as Donnington box office have a nasty habit of charging a few quid handling fee per ticket. Tickets can usually be ordered for collection and as I live twenty minutes down the road I don't have a problem collecting them before the event for people so we don't have to queue on race day. We could meet up close bye on the Sunday morning, dish tickets out and convoy into the circuit... Plenty of big places to meet up nearby off the A50 services or m1 depending where folks are coming from...

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Been doing some checking and under 15,s get in free to Btcc... Yeahh. Unfortunately full price for kids in the hospitality... Booo. Don't know what the plan Is for getting tickets though as Donnington box office have a nasty habit of charging a few quid handling fee per ticket. Tickets can usually be ordered for collection and as I live twenty minutes down the road I don't have a problem collecting them before the event for people so we don't have to queue on race day. We could meet up close bye on the Sunday morning, dish tickets out and convoy into the circuit... Plenty of big places to meet up nearby off the A50 services or m1 depending where folks are coming from...
As this looks like it's a Sunday only event the easiest way to move forward will be for everyone to book for themselves. Thanks for the offer of collecting the tickets, once we have definative numbers (18th March) we can sort out the details of purchasing tickets and how we'll meet up.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ta for the update Nemo ;)

Sunday (inc hospitality)
Gruffle +1
Joegals + 1
Therock + son
Mulski + 1
Nemo78 + possible one other

Sunday (w/o hospitality)
danjwilson +2

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ta Rob ;)

Sunday (inc hospitality)
Gruffle +1
Joegals + 1
Therock + son
Mulski + 1
Nemo78 + possible one other
Rob + possible one other

Sunday (w/o hospitality)
danjwilson +2[/QUOTE]

To be confirmed
IanHP1 + ? (hospitality package)

Come on guys'n'girls, 3 days before your voting closes we need more bookings!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Thanks for the offer Matt but i'm out of the country on that date.

Hope it all goes well.

Cheers:cheers:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts