Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, my first post here.

i recently bought a 2008 audi a5 and i'm interested in changing the steering wheel among other things.

i found one that i like and according to the limited information available it seems to be a good fit.
Peripheral Output device White Motor vehicle Plant

according to the description of the seller this is from an A3 ... does it fit my car ? also mine is an automatic and this has paddle shifters so would they work or not ?

thank you

·
Registered
128 Posts
Really no answer ? anyone ? bump ?
I have a 2009 A5 B8 model and the airbag look different. Even the later B8.5 round airbag looks different.

This wont be plug and play. B8 owners normally upgrage to the B8.5 flat wheel and they are very much in demand therefore cost £400+

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2009 A5 B8 model and the airbag look different. Even the later B8.5 round airbag looks different.

This wont be plug and play. B8 owners normally upgrage to the B8.5 flat wheel and they are very much in demand therefore cost £400+
ok so i should look for a s5 b8.5 steering wheel ? not from other As like a3 a4 ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe the pictured wheel will work as that MFSW is consistent with the B8 (canbus, not linbus). Your old airbag won't fit, but it looks like that wheel includes the airbag. You can cross reference the clock spring part numbers and harness pinouts to be positive. Note that I'm assuming you're starting from a 3-spoke wheel that already has the the mfsw. The paddles will work after vagcom/obd11 recoding (many threads on the subject), I just added paddles to my existing wheel and they work great

1 - 5 of 5 Posts