Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.... come as standard with LED DRLs in the UK?

I was in Cologne last week and they were ten-a-penny, all with DRLs.

I know from other threads that the spec. can change from country to country, so I checked the Audi UK website but I couldn't see them as an extra. I wondered if this was becasue they were standard.

Thanks in advance.

JTR

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yep they sure do.

Just copied and pasted this from the A4 brochure, HTH.

All A4 models have the following items of standard equipment:
Wheels, tyres and suspension
16 x 7.5J '7-arm' design alloy wheels with 225/55 R16 tyres
and locking wheel bolts
Space-saving spare wheel
Audio and communication
Audi Chorus audio system – single CD-player with 6.5"
monochrome display
6 loudspeakers (80 Watts)
Seats
Cosinus cloth seats with manual height adjustment
Split folding rear seats
Safety and security
ESP
First aid kit
Front and rear fog lights
Front and rear ISOFIX seats with front passenger airbag
de-activation switch
Front side airbags
Halogen daytime running lights
Headlight range adjustment
Thatcham category 1 alarm and immobiliser
Toolkit and car jack
Warning triangle
Interior equipment
1-zone climate control
12V power socket in boot
4-spoke leather steering wheel
Door sill trims in Aluminium optic
Driver’s Information System (DIS)
Electric front and rear windows
Electromechanical parking brake
Front and rear floor mats
Intelligent key
Micrometallic inlays
Rear armrest
Steering column adjustment for rake and reach
Exterior equipment
Auto-opening boot lid
Exterior mirrors – electrically operated and heated
Front grille – Black gloss on 3.0 TDI and 3.2 FSI, Stone
grey on all others
Roof rails in bright finish (Avant models only)
16 x 7.5J '7-arm' design alloy wheels with 225/55 R16 tyres
Exterior

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Are halogen daytime running lights the same thing as LED daytime running lights? I doubt it. I thought they were keeping the LEDs for the S-line, sport and S models (although I havent checked in any depth).

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are halogen daytime running lights the same thing as LED daytime running lights? I doubt it. I thought they were keeping the LEDs for the S-line, sport and S models (although I havent checked in any depth).
AH!, now that you come to mention it, I did think (at the time) they looked a bit like a row of bog standard tiny lights underneath the headlights instead of the bright LEDs that we all know.

I'll bet doubledoom is right.

Thanks.

JTR

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've seen a couple of new A4s with the DRLs and they looked yellow. This would suggest they were halogen rather than LED. IMO they didn't look anywhere near as appealing as the LED versions on the A5/S5.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah perhaps they come standard with it and yes they are halogen. I expect that will mean that you can't get them upgraded to LED's..

·
Registered
714 Posts
The LED DRLs and Xenons are only available on the S-line in the UK. Audi ended up editing the "new A4" program on the Audi Channel with a large banner across the screen to make this crystal clear.

Outside the showroom the new A4 really is quite disappointing to look at ... it's hardly any different to the old A4. All this talk of the A4 being a 4 door A5 is complete tosh when you actually see one. I had the option of taking a loaded 3.0TDI S-line A4 and still saving almost £100 a month versus the 1.8T A5 I've now got.

It was a heart versus mind decision and every time I finally make out a new A4 I'm so glad I went with the heart.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I am not at all attracted to the A4. The old one was ugly and this one just seems to be a mix and match of the A5 and old A5 styling rolled into one.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've seen a couple of new A4s with the DRLs and they looked yellow.
Gosh yes. Never noticed 'em before but I saw loads on the M62 today - they do look yellow and are nowhere near as bright as the A5 and R8 LEDs.

There's been a lot of talk on here about BMW coupe owners being the "jealous" ones but I've not noticed that out on the roads. There seems to be a sort of mutual respect (a sort of "OK, your BMW might drive just a little better but my A5 looks so much better inside and out" and vice versa).

The guys who are clearly wearing the "sucking a lemon" expression when they see the A5 are the A4 and A6 drivers. I try not to smirk (even in my 1.8T) but it's so hard to stop myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.