Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us waiting to hear definitive news on whether our A5/S5 was hit in the June hail storm, it is time to start thinking about our next move. If you find out our car was damaged and repaired at the factory, do you still plan to take delivery? If so, is there an opportunity to negotiate a discount based on the deprecation caused by the hail? If so, how much?

Personally, I am leaning towards taking my car even if it was affected. I trust factory repairs will be up to Audi’s high standards. However, I do believe there is a new opportunity to negotiate some small discount. If Audi is forced to resell the car to another buyer, I assume they will have to disclose the hail damage. To avoid that, most dealers may be willing to discount below MSRP.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The vast majority of cars are having paintless dent removal repairs. If you've ever used the services of these guys you'll know how effective they can be. There should be no way of telling whether you're car has had a repair or not. If there are signs of repair then clearly you shouldn't accept the car.

·
Registered
234 Posts
This is really worrying . I take it if I ordered my car on the 20th May that it will not be affected by this . Not sure when it arrived at the dealership but I'm due to collect it next week , 1st September . How honest will Audi dealers be if your car has been damaged ?

·
Registered
138 Posts
This is really worrying . I take it if I ordered my car on the 20th May that it will not be affected by this . Not sure when it arrived at the dealership but I'm due to collect it next week , 1st September . How honest will Audi dealers be if your car has been damaged ?
I think it was cars being shiped to usa so you should be fine in scotland

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: Hail Damage = 3% Discount

I received confirmation from my dealer today that my car was hit in the storm. I asked for, and received, a 3% discount off MSRP. I am still planning to complete the purchase this weekend. Am I making the right decision?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I received confirmation from my dealer today that my car was hit in the storm. I asked for, and received, a 3% discount off MSRP. I am still planning to complete the purchase this weekend. Am I making the right decision?
What is your location , are you in the UK and if so what was your build week. I must admit that the love affair with a new car is over after the first scratch so I would find it hard to accept a car knowing it had been damaged pre delivery , even if the repair is perfect. For me it would be a reject even if it meant a wait.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My location is in Texas.

Funny, I agree with you comment, but draw the opposite conclusion. The love affair is over with the inevitable first scratch. So why not save 3% and spend the $1,500 on something else?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I agree with toddpate...the love affair is over after the first scratch, and I won't have to be the one to witness the scratch or even cause it, so why not get an extra 3%? I will be asking for it as well. The big deal is that after waiting since November 1, why pull out now? The dealer would be able to sell my car for $5K or more above MSRP, so I would rather have it to drive myself and take the savings and spend them on mods (or gas)...;)

The only thing left to happen to my car is for a hurricane to sink the cargo ship carrying my S5...or for the truck carrying it from port to my dealer to wreck and smash my car...:eek::eek:

·
Registered
230 Posts
well i was supposed to take delivery the 1st of septemeber, then they pushed it to the 24th and told me about the hail... now i need to find out if it was damaged.. anyway, i am very upset.. i had to rent a car for a grand for the month to wait for this car, and i feel like the dealership is jerkin me... im in ny but the car is ordered in florida
any news thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
well it turns out my car was damaged... they told me the 3% was only for cars who were not fixed at the factory

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fdot,

You are getting bad info. My car was repaired at the factory. Audi corporate has set aside a 3% concession for vehicles damaged and repaired. This will not come out of your dealer's pocket. Go back and hammer it out with your dealer. You may want to involve Audi America if your dealer does not give you the 3% discount.

·
Registered
230 Posts
my car is still 2 weeks away, im going to wait for it to get close, i think these boobs gave me the wrong name of the ship....

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm at the dealer right now, posting from my phone. We are waiting for info from the factory rep.

·
Registered
230 Posts
yeah I got the 3%. They are prepping the car

1 - 20 of 22 Posts