Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recent gave this a try after Dom (one half of Dodo Juice) recommended it to me. With the weather in Scotland not being the best only within the last week i got to use it. Very easy application if you follow the instructions (at first i didnt and found it hard work), but I used a makeup pad to apply, then as per the instruction as it started to thin out, go back over the worked area as a "dry" application then buff it off (used a blue MF which i got with my DJ SN Metal polish). Really simple and quick to apply. There has not been much rain since applying it until today so perfect oppertunity to get a video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2amxGYNn0Zs

I know there are the likes of G-techniq and Nanolex and not sure about the ease of use, but this was very simple and as you can see its effective as well :)

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I applied G-techniq approx 2 years / 20k miles ago and still doing the job. Will be interesting to hear how the Dodo Juice lifespan compares.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard claimed of 12 months, i know thats nothing on g-techniq, but im sure it cheaper and application is alot easier, but ill keep you updated :)

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I agree G-Techniqs is expensive @ £17. How much is Dodo juice?

However, I don't think application can be a lot easier, surely it's the same process? Use makeup pad with supplied glass polish, then another pad to apply sealant, leave to set and buff off, a simple and quick job. Not knocking it just saying ;)

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Hmmm just looked up price of Dodo Juice £20. That's for 50ml but no glass polish is supplied. G-Techniq's £17 for 15ml sealant / 100ml glass polish or 100ml sealant / 100ml glass polish £40.

So about the same but Dodo Juice don't supply glass polish and recommend the use of Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol @ £8 or Supernatural Glass Polish @ £13 instead which kind of makes it rather more expensive.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason you dont need a glass polish with the Dodo Juice one is because of the Clearly Menthol, it is very high in IPA and will clear anything off your windows leaving a perfect surface to apply the glass sealant. I think ill give the G-techniq one a go and see how much difference there is in the application.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
With the clear meth that still makes it more expensive, anyway I doubt anyone would be worried about £8 either way, they are both great products ;)

I'd forgotten about the addition of the G2 liquid used to remove the residue which actually makes it even easier to remove.

According to the video my application is probably nearing the end of it's lifespan so will insterested to hear your opinion on the difference between the two Rob!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill need to adapt a little as i have G1 on its own so will need to IPA wipedown after to give the same effect (i think, need to look into it further)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts