Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, just after a bit of insight. I picked up a 2007 S5 last weekend thats abit of a unicorn (supercharged 4.2 Fsi).
upon driving home, intermittently and only when the engine is warm, a message displays telling me not to exceed 5000rpm, no engine management light or oil light displayed. it comes and goes multiple times throughout a commute.

I plugged it in to find P0520 and P0522 codes, one being oil pressure sensor the other being oil pressure switch. A mechanic I spoke with earlier said it may just need an oil change as the oil may not be of correct spec or just old oil? But I should get these parts replaced also. Just looking for more information before booking anything in.

has anyone else experienced this issue or even better has anyone solved it? Just seems abit strange that theres no oil warning light or engine management light displayed.
thanks in advance.

· Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Dep mate have a search thro the info on here. What supercharger does the car have and what horses is she putting out?? Auto or manual? How many miles and and service history?

I would change oil and filters straight away and go from there.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate, it has a PES superchager-manual- 520bhp- 80320miles-full service history. Last service was 79k so only a little over 1000miles since but 12 months ago. Shes a thing of beauty! Thats why im so bloody worried about this fault but as i stated before still no engine management light or oil light.
thanks again for your help!!

· Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Dep mate get some photos up here please she sounds stunning!!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shes gorgeous mate!! I actually found the original owners thread on here regarding his mods at the time and then when he sold it, unfortunately i dont think hes in the uk anymore so cant get hold of him to ask the questions i have 😂

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.