Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my S5 and it is fully loaded.

I do have MMI (AMI) and i have an ipod too.
so i just opened it and tried to find the cable.
but I cannot find it.
Do i have to buy ( order) the ipod cable seperately??
i found that the cost is almost $60....

i thought the cable comes with...
here is toronto ,canada.
please let me know where i can find it

·
Registered
337 Posts
In the UK it has to be bought seperately as there are different cables to connect to different devices. I imagine it is the same in Canada. Have you asked your dealer ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same answer here in Greece from the local dealer, that you have to buy the cable adapters separately.I think that is something totally unacceptable.If they say in the leaflet that this accessory is for connecting an IPod IPhone etc, they have to include all the necessary cable adapters.Especially when these cables can be found only through Audi.
Never the less when you order the cable adapters be certain that you clarify to the dealer the Model, Year and especially if you have an AMI with or without NAVI

·
Registered
163 Posts
hey Mintcholol, welcome to the Toronto team - yes, all the MMI cables must be ordered separatey and dealer cost is around $60. When I purchased mine, the A5 cables were not available so had to get the set from the A6 (same ones) - P.S. If you need any Vag-Com mods, let me know as I have done about 12 cars in Toronto already to fix those winking DRL's, and assorted other mods -

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you for all the answer : )
this is first time to purchase NEW car so I do not many many things
throught A5OC, I have learned so many different things

and one more thing

what is VAG-COM MODE????

and for the post, when i post something i also want to show my car pic below and some infor about car
how can i do that???

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ipod cable

I just asked my dealer when my S5 arrived and it was waiting in the glove box when I took delivery. There was no additional charge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts