Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I read here and there that the 09 models do not have automatic folding side mirrors. But have not seen a diffinitive answer if this option was in fact left out of the 09 models.

Can anyone confirm if the US spec 09 S5's have the auto mirror fold feature or not.

I'd be kinda bummed to see this option gone since I thought it was a very useful one. :(:mad:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Folding mirrors is part of the comfort pack. So, if you get the comfort pack (either as standard or as an option) then you should get folding mirrors.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't recall a "comfort pack" option for S5's in the U.S.

I'm not sure if A5's have that option here.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Folding mirrors is part of the comfort pack. So, if you get the comfort pack (either as standard or as an option) then you should get folding mirrors.
No such thing as a Comfort pack in the U.S., though? I guess the mirrors used to be part of the Premium pack there. As of 2009, someone said their U.S. car didn't have them, but who knows.

·
Registered
432 Posts
New VAG-COM hack candidate maybe????

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
New VAG-COM hack candidate maybe????
But that won't help if the entire electrical folding mechanism is missing. In the one person post about 2009 U.S. A5 without auto-folding he didn't have even the manual electrical folding "button" in his door (the relevant position in the mirror knob). Who knows, maybe he didn't have Premium or the car in question had a manufacturing defect, but I doubt you could fix that car (in this regard) with just VAG COM.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
In the one person post about 2009 U.S. A5 without auto-folding he didn't have even the manual electrical folding "button" in his door (the relevant position in the mirror knob).
Maybe the A5 spec for his particular version of the car didnt have that pack.

·
Registered
536 Posts
My dealer said that someone came in who ordered an '09 A5 and asked about the auto folding mirrors, and they couldn't find the knob or MMI option for them to work. So, after I mentioned about this issue to my dealer, they realized that Audi must have removed it for '09 cars. Oh well, that kinda blows, especially when parking in NYC. I am more upset that I am going to miss the new MMI by just a few months.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think the answer is a resounding no. I took the following pic from the Quick Reference guide from the car:

It refers to a little icon at the 6 o'clock position to fold the exterior mirrors. But that little icon is simply not there in the car; and turning the knob to that position does nothing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, here in South America, since we don´t have Premium or Comfort packages, the dealers hand us a list of codes which we have to use in order to build our car.

The code that you should double check for so that you get the automatic adjusting mirrors is: 6XE

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Can they fold in manually at least?

-Ray

·
Registered
39 Posts
My 09 A5 does NOT have the folding mirrors although it IS in the manual. As I understand it, the option was removed for the 09's

·
Registered
48 Posts
WTF...I did not know this...I'm pissed :mad:

Any what is this post above about a new MMI in just a few months? Any other info?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes. This is very dissapointing and aggravating. :confused::mad::(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Folding exterior mirrors shown in ordering guide

Copied from the 2009 ordering guide:

Premium Package
WPX
Homelink garage door opener; Bi-xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lamps;
Autodimming, folding exterior mirrors; Autodimming interior mirror with compass; Heated front seats;
Memory for driver seat and mirrors.

So are you guys telling me that you 2009 cars with the Premium pkg and do not have folding mirriors? Notice it does not say automatic, so they might have us there.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Wow!!! So sorry if this option was removed. I have an '08 and rely on the automatic folding mirrors to know that I've locked the car.

Again, tough luck...hopefully, it might just be a VAG-COM code?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There's no-one else on the board thats taken delivery on an 09 S5 or A5 that can chime in on if their car has auto mirrors or not?

It's aggravating that Audi's gone up on the price for 09 but are deleting options.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There's no-one else on the board thats taken delivery on an 09 S5 or A5 that can chime in on if their car has auto mirrors or not?

It's aggravating that Audi's gone up on the price for 09 but are deleting options.
I have an 09 and the mirrors do not fold. They removed the electric folding
mirrors and added two options too the tech and Nav package.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.