Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks vRStu

Very useful tip about the red plug. I spoke to Audi today and they assured me that nothing needs to be done to the cooling system on this particular car.

I'll check it out as soon as I get the car : I've got to be quick as I have to go to Gothenburg next Wednesday to pick up a boat.

The dealer has included the genuine Audi electrical in the deal but we have to fit them so there shouldn't be any problem with them working OK.

Thanks for the offer of some help : If I get into trouble with it I'll shout !

·
Registered
585 Posts
There are two types of electrics kit, the one for cars prewired and one for cars not prewired. If they've ordered the one for prewired then of course you'll have the red plug in the boot.

There is also a holder for the ball when removed which fits in the boot, well worth having for about £11. The part number is in the fitting instructions I think but if not I can get it for you.

Also the fitting instructions suggest taking out the side trim in the boot, I found this wasn't necessary and saved a huge amount of time.

Is the dealer going to do the coding for you?? If you are doing it yourself with VCDS then you'll need to code the following controllers (where fitted of course) -

* 19-CAN Gateway [Installation List]
* 01-Engine
* 03-ABS Brakes (with Security Access)
* 09-Cent. Elect.
* 10-Park/Steer Assist
* 6C-Back-up Cam
* 69-Trailer

·
Registered
73 Posts
Gents
I have a 2007 Audi A5 3.0TDi
I want to buy a westfalia towbar with correct fitting kit
However concerned I will need to fit additional fans.
A couple of questions
1. What additional dashboard indications will be provided if I fit the correct electrical kit
2. After fitting the kit will the car need to be programmed, what is a typical cost from audi and must additional fans need to be fitted?
Thanks in advance
Russ

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ayuda

Hola buenas tardes necesito ayuda por que e comoprado un enganche de segunda mano y viene los cables cortado de la ficha de conexion y no se donde va cada cable

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mark

Thanks again for the help. I did have trouble with the bumper brackets and when I originally reinstalled the bumber there was some misalignment. I ordered new plastic brackets with the torx screws etc and was delighted how cheap they were. Took off the bumper and fitted the new brackets and bumper in a very short time and everything looks as new. I would suggest anybody doing this to get new brackets from the start.

I am now having trouble with the electrics . I have to take out pins of one of the 32 pin plugs in the BCM2 unit which is on the right side of the boot area and I am concerned that I may ruin the plug. Do you know how to open the plug. The dealer who sold me the unit could not help and the Westphalia instructions are not very helpful. I think from your photographs that your electrical connections are different.

I think I have as an attachment the plug.

Once again Mark thanks for your help.

Regards

Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,

I have just started to go through this process. My A5 doesn't have the connector so the electrics are a bit more involved. How did you open the BCM2 connectors in the end ?

Thanks
Anand

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have making original (westfalia) second hand trailer hook installation, have original frame and wiring harness and trailer module.

My car have trailer module prepared, so all connectors suppose to be in place.
I have VCDS

Two things missing?

What is new bolt sizes with trailer frame?
Detailed coding?

There are two types of electrics kit, the one for cars prewired and one for cars not prewired. If they've ordered the one for prewired then of course you'll have the red plug in the boot.

There is also a holder for the ball when removed which fits in the boot, well worth having for about £11. The part number is in the fitting instructions I think but if not I can get it for you.

Also the fitting instructions suggest taking out the side trim in the boot, I found this wasn't necessary and saved a huge amount of time.

Is the dealer going to do the coding for you?? If you are doing it yourself with VCDS then you'll need to code the following controllers (where fitted of course) -

• 19-CAN Gateway [Installation List]
  • 01-Engine
  • 03-ABS Brakes (with Security Access)
  • 09-Cent. Elect.
  • 10-Park/Steer Assist
  • 6C-Back-up Cam
  • 69-Trailer

21 - 26 of 26 Posts