Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do I Need the cooling fan kit ?

I've put a deposit down on a September 2009 3.0 TDi Quattro SE Auto Sportback ( Only 12,000 miles and fitted with almost every possible option).
I'm buying the car specifically to tow boats that are well under the weight limit for the car.

I downloaded and read the Westfalia instructions and read about the possible need for cooliing system changes so I phoned my local dealer in Poole Dorset ( I'm buying the car from a different Audi dealer ).

The service dept called me back and told me that no changes are needed to my car so I went ahead and ordered the Westfalia OEM removeable bar yesterday.

However reading this thread it seems the dealer's advice may be at odds with some of the posts here.

I'm due to pick up the car on Wednesday, does anyone have a copy of the Audi Bulletin so I can make absolutely sure of the situation before I pay over the money and buy the car ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks vRStu

Very useful tip about the red plug. I spoke to Audi today and they assured me that nothing needs to be done to the cooling system on this particular car.

I'll check it out as soon as I get the car : I've got to be quick as I have to go to Gothenburg next Wednesday to pick up a boat.

The dealer has included the genuine Audi electrical in the deal but we have to fit them so there shouldn't be any problem with them working OK.

Thanks for the offer of some help : If I get into trouble with it I'll shout !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.