Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've just fitted the westfalia bar to my car and also the westfalia genuine electrics.

The fitting is a doodle as are the electrics. S-Line come with to bar prep but I'm not sure yours will, the electrics may require a little more effort but it's still a good setup.

When Audi do the coding, they use SVM (details are in the westfalia instructions) which should do all the coding you need. It can be done with VCDS is you have it, I have done mine myself.

I can't help with the cooling question as mine didn't require it. Is it as simple as looking under the bonnet for two fans?? Another way you could tell is to look in the boot behind the removable cover, right hand side for a small red plug wrapped in foam - This is tow prep.

I'm not a million miles from you if you wanted help.

·
Registered
585 Posts
There are two types of electrics kit, the one for cars prewired and one for cars not prewired. If they've ordered the one for prewired then of course you'll have the red plug in the boot.

There is also a holder for the ball when removed which fits in the boot, well worth having for about £11. The part number is in the fitting instructions I think but if not I can get it for you.

Also the fitting instructions suggest taking out the side trim in the boot, I found this wasn't necessary and saved a huge amount of time.

Is the dealer going to do the coding for you?? If you are doing it yourself with VCDS then you'll need to code the following controllers (where fitted of course) -

* 19-CAN Gateway [Installation List]
* 01-Engine
* 03-ABS Brakes (with Security Access)
* 09-Cent. Elect.
* 10-Park/Steer Assist
* 6C-Back-up Cam
* 69-Trailer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.