Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cooling fan

Hi Mark

have posted a thread today requesting bumper removal for towbar but your thread seems to have answered my question perfectly.

However the tech people suggested I might need added cooling fans. My car is a 3.oTDI chpped to 300bhp.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Mark

Have managed to fit the towbar with your help. Those vertical screws behind the tail lamp are awful - made of plastic and all too easy to ruin the head. It has taken me about 4 hours so far and the electrics are for another day.

Now I know why I was quoted so much from a towbar firm.

many thanks for your help once again.

Jonathan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mark

Thanks again for the help. I did have trouble with the bumper brackets and when I originally reinstalled the bumber there was some misalignment. I ordered new plastic brackets with the torx screws etc and was delighted how cheap they were. Took off the bumper and fitted the new brackets and bumper in a very short time and everything looks as new. I would suggest anybody doing this to get new brackets from the start.

I am now having trouble with the electrics . I have to take out pins of one of the 32 pin plugs in the BCM2 unit which is on the right side of the boot area and I am concerned that I may ruin the plug. Do you know how to open the plug. The dealer who sold me the unit could not help and the Westphalia instructions are not very helpful. I think from your photographs that your electrical connections are different.

I think I have as an attachment the plug.

Once again Mark thanks for your help.

Regards

Jonathan

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All

I had the wiring of the Westfalia fitted and then took it to my audi dealer for recoding as the ESP and hold assist were not working. They could not figure out what the problem was but my towbar supplier contacted Westfalia and we learnt that a cooling fan needed to be fitted before the car computer could be decoded. I am waiting for the necessary parts to arrive at my Audi dealer. I have tested the trailer even without the coding and all the lights work and the extra indicator lights on the car's instrument panel show up correctly.

In answer to Oleg, the Westfalia system is the same as the original equipment as supplied by Audi.

Thank you all for your help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.