Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was deciding between an M3 and an S5, but I am tired for waiting on pricing on the BMW, so for the time being, I will put a deposit on an S5, Phantom on red (was considering white but I saw a pic of one with only 4k miles on it, and it was quite dirty), CF, every option. The dealer expects the car to arrive March/April, and is offering me 1500 off MSRP. Is this a good deal or should I look elsewhere.

Thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
I was deciding between an M3 and an S5, but I am tired for waiting on pricing on the BMW, so for the time being, I will put a deposit on an S5, Phantom on red (was considering white but I saw a pic of one with only 4k miles on it, and it was quite dirty), CF, every option. The dealer expects the car to arrive March/April, and is offering me 1500 off MSRP. Is this a good deal or should I look elsewhere.

Thanks
If your dealer is offering a discount I think you should grab it. Your report is the first i've heard of anyone being able to drive a deal for a below sticker price on this car. Was your dealer out on the Island. My dad is friendly with the service manager at an Audi dealership out there who told him the other day that the dealership had sold no cars, none, zippo, nada, for the last several weeks, an almost unheard of proposition.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got £1100 off the price of a new A5 1.8TFSI Sport from my dealer in Newcastle.

Although i was told that this was beacuse i bought a new A4 from them last year.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Yeh take it, no dealer in the UK is giving a discount that i've heard of yet either.
I got 6% off my A5 without even trying. I also got the black headlining for free as the salesman was using the brochure to add up all the other options and as the black headlining isn't in there, he didn't add it to the price. It is listed on the web configurator at £200 :D

He also didn't charge me the £80 fee to transfer my registration number. This was from Doncaster Audi.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Take the discount... when I ordered in Sept... no one was giving discount... I had to use some contacts and influence to get a special deal and even that wasn't easy. I don't expect things have changed much...

However, have a quick try for more off or stuff thrown in to seal the deal!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I got £1100 off the price of a new A5 1.8TFSI Sport from my dealer in Newcastle.

Although i was told that this was beacuse i bought a new A4 from them last year.
I got 6% off my A5 without even trying. I also got the black headlining for free as the salesman was using the brochure to add up all the other options and as the black headlining isn't in there, he didn't add it to the price. It is listed on the web configurator at £200 :D

He also didn't charge me the £80 fee to transfer my registration number. This was from Doncaster Audi.
A5 discount yes, but not so sure about the S5 though. Did either of you take out finance from Audi or the garage?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
A5 discount yes, but not so sure about the S5 though. Did either of you take out finance from Audi or the garage?
I realised you were talking about S5 discounts after I posted my reply - sorry about that.

Anyway, I have no finance deal - traded in my BMW and paid the balance in cash.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If your dealer is offering a discount I think you should grab it. Your report is the first i've heard of anyone being able to drive a deal for a below sticker price on this car. Was your dealer out on the Island. My dad is friendly with the service manager at an Audi dealership out there who told him the other day that the dealership had sold no cars, none, zippo, nada, for the last several weeks, an almost unheard of proposition.
No, it is in CT.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just ordered the car today, I am so excited and it's only day 1 of my long wait.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I remember that feeling all too well. How'd you spec it out?
Phantom Black on Red
CF Trim
Nav
Tech
Side Assist
B&O

So every option available.

I am still not 100% sure I am getting the car though, all depends on the MSRP of the M3 and if the powers that be think it isn't too powerful for me to drive. I also drove a 2.0t TT with S-Tronic and that was a f*cking blast and a half. The dealer even let me test out the launch control. Almost made me want to get the TT over the S5, but I didn't. It also reminded me how fun the BMW 335i was to drive, which made my decision even harder, but there will be tons of 335s on the road, so I think I made the right choice. When my dad gets his R8, we are gonna have an Audi garage, although my mom is a scab and got an MB S550 AMG.

·
Registered
273 Posts
the powers that be
By that do you mean "she who must be obeyed"? Can't tell from your post because the rest makes it sound like Mom & Pop are buying this car for you. (If that's the case, I wish I had a Mom & Pop like yours when I was growing up.)

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks
I purchased an S5 Red ordered at the best time in Oct to Dec 07 taking delivery 1st March 08. Managed to achieve 1,450 off but not without playing a careful game of placing order at the right time. Still good time as everyone is nevous with the economy, but soon as we into Feb/March deals will dry up when sales are doing better. Always try for a deal just a couple of day's before the end of the month.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I purchased an S5 Red ordered at the best time in Oct to Dec 07 taking delivery 1st March 08. Managed to achieve 1,450 off but not without playing a careful game of placing order at the right time. Still good time as everyone is nevous with the economy, but soon as we into Feb/March deals will dry up when sales are doing better. Always try for a deal just a couple of day's before the end of the month.
Bass, we get postings from all around the world in this forum. Please update your profile with your location. Thx.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Guys I ordered my S5 from Audi Epsom(UK) on 1st Dec! After a lot of pushing, this is what I got: 1) Discount of £140.07, 2) Full tank of fuel instead of half (not much of a win but its something), 3) Autoglym of the the car free of charge, 4) IPOD adapter, 5) I also wanted the Audi S line umbrella which the guy said he will give me!

Im also going to try and get one of those S Line jackets too ;-) but im going to ask for it a month before delivery (May). The guys down at Epsom are nice and helpful so if anyone is local, check them out. It's not being financed, as I know sometimes if you finance the car they do sometime discount the car abit.

NOTE: If you are going to finance the car then remember you can always haggle the interest rate down. Even though delivery of your car is going to be a few months away, it can be fixed for 5 months. Hope it helps ;-)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts