Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Is there a way to adjust or even disable automatic volume of the B&O soundsystem(MMI 2G), because I think that when I have it adjusted at 80km/h and accelerate to 120km/h the volume goes too loud and when I stop to traffic lights it is too quiet? I can't find that kind of adjustment from the menus... Could this possibly be done by using VAG-COM?

I have to thank you all for many great tips and adjustments that I have found from this forum for my A5

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi,
You're referring to the GALA function which adjusts the volume based on your speed. When working correctly, this should be 100% spot on - you shouldn't notice any chance, just the music staying at your preferred level.
I had an issue where it didn't work correctly and the dealer changed the set-up via VAGCOM. So, in summary - I'd take the car into the dealer.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Graduated Audio Level Adjustment (GALA) adjusts the volume depending on noise levels inside the cabin. There is a microphone in the headlining that senses change in constant background noise and adjusts the volume accordingly. In the menu setting there is a setting to adjust the level of change and also to turn it off. You don't need VAG-COM to disable it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
To clarify - mine worked perfectly. I then had a replacement amp following the original one blowing. The replacement didn't sound right and the GALA had the volume up and down like a (insert your own crude description here)!! I went back to the dealer - they hooked it up to VAGCOM and updated a number of settings in the amp. The GALA then behaved as it should. So my point is that it might be worth talking to the dealer if the GALA doesn't seem right, after you've adjusted the settings in MMI.

·
Registered
186 Posts
While we're on the subject of GALA, does anybody know what the settings (1-7, auto) mean exactly? is 7 = sudden and 1 = gradual? or is it like 7 times louder than the volume of the noise or some other arbitary equation? and then what does "auto" mean???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick reply.

I found that GALA from the options so I could turn it off. However there wasn't any other options than "on" and "off" in it. So I need to take it to dealer(I hate the idea how much I'm going to pay to get it fixed...).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Some cars have the adjustable GALA settings (1-7) and others (like mine) simply have on/off. I've not been able to determine what determines which of those you get.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Some cars have the adjustable GALA settings (1-7) and others (like mine) simply have on/off. I've not been able to determine what determines which of those you get.
It may be because you have the B&O system equipped with the Bose AudioPilot noise compensation feature which deactivates GALA.

This is the set up from what I understand on the A3 Bose system.

Cheers

·
Registered
223 Posts
It may be because you have the B&O system equipped with the Bose AudioPilot noise compensation feature which deactivates GALA.

This is the set up from what I understand on the A3 Bose system.

Cheers
I have an A5 with full NAV and B&O. There is no Bose component.

When a detailed discussion of B&O settings came up a couple of months ago there were some folks who had adjustable GALA settings, and some that only had the on/off options, but I couldn't tell what configurations got each.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I have an A5 with full NAV and B&O. There is no Bose component.
Sorry guys - ignore my stupid blond moment- was trying to concentrate on work but got distracted with the forum and tried multi-tasking.

Not a good idea!!!!:eek: :oops:

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts