Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am newly registered on this forum site and am looking forward to hearing more about the S5. On November 5 I placed an order for a S5 with exact delivery date being unknown as yet. Based on what I'm reading in this forum it's clear that I should be checking with my dealer to determine if a build date/week has been set for my S5. I do have a question for the group. When I ordered my car here in Ohio I was told by the salesman that Audi would be contacting me directly at some point in time about my order. Thus far nothing has been received directly from Audi. Was my salesman mistaken about the direct communications from Audi? If he is correct when should I expect to be hearing something from Audi?
Jerry

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Hi Jerry. Welcome to the forum. I've never heard of Audi of America directly contacting customers (as a routine matter) about their order. Hasn't happened to me yet and my build week is coming up very soon.

Yes, see if they've given you a build week yet!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Same here Jerry. I had one of the first orders placed in the US for the S5 -- I put my deposit down back in August on the very first day they opened their system for orders -- and during the entire four months and change until my car arrived I heard nary a peep from Audi.

Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
They don't contact directly here in the UK as far as I know and I've had 3 Audi's in the past and not once have they contacted me.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Welcome Jerry. Congrats on your order!

Where in Ohio did you order from. I originally approached Audi in Dublin, OH (MAG), but they were a bunch of snobs and it wasn't pleasent to work with their sales department. I did contact a dealer in Cincy and Toledo. The Cincy one was very nice and informative and willing to work with you, but something shady at the Toledo one. I ended up ordering from a small dealer out of Dayton, whom has been very accomodating and pleasent to work with. Moreover, without any smoke being blown up my behind. ;)

Anyways, I do hope your dealer is not one of the bad ones. If I were you, I would bug your salesman for a commission number and an email with the details from the Audi system showing the status of your car that includes all actual and ETA dates. This will also have your Build week.

Best of luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts