Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, newcomer to the A5 scene, so have been reading a lot of the older posts on here to learn about my car- one thing I read was the automatic dipping of the rear mirror when reversing. One contributor said that this feature is standard on all facelift models. Not on mine- I know the knob has to be turned to passenger side for this to happen, tried that but to no avail. Is this only available through coding ?

·
Registered
784 Posts
I believe you also have to set the dip with the controls first. It could be as simple as the previous owner might not have liked this feature and set it to straight behind like when in a forward gear?

Regards

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe you also have to set the dip with the controls first. It could be as simple as the previous owner might not have liked this feature and set it to straight behind like when in a forward gear?

Regards
Where would that setting be?

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
I can’t confirm all facelift A5’s have this feature. However, if yours does, then set it as follows:

Start car and put it in reverse.
Mirror switch set to passenger side adjust.
Use adjust switch to tilt mirror to desired position.
Select first gear (or Drive if auto).
As soon as you are moving forward over 5 mph (I think?), then mirror should return to normal position.

I have always thought that memory mirrors (usually part of memory seat package convenience package) is required for this to work properly. It can be coded in, but with varying success. My first A5 (2007 3.0 TDI) did not have memory seats/mirrors, and when I coded it in it did not recall the mirror positions with much precision, but it kinda worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Mr.wreckless

·
Registered
64 Posts
One of my favorite features; love being able to see my 'spensive wheels approach, but clear, that cement curb!

However, with my first backup camera ever, I can't back into a parking space to save my soul anymore. d'Oh!

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
Hehe that reminds me of my experience with reversing sensors that came on my old BMW. I quickly got used to them and so once in the wifes Lupo I reversed it and waited for the beeps and er guess what......yes I reversed gently straight into the front of my old BMW hahahahahahaha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts